One job leads to another !

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gary63, Mar 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gary63

Gary63 Member

Been window cleaning for donkey's and I'm always amazed at what other work I pickup from customers.
    My background is farming and building and have used these skills ever since. Case in question; 5 years ago a couple from London moved into the village. First I cleaned their windows, then painted them, then re roofed their garage, sheep fenced all their land, cut the grass, built a conservatory, and now look after the sheep. Anyone else have this problem ??

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best ask cheapncheerful as he mends a lot of things whilst out and about window cleaning. :D

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

i went to a house las week to do first clen noticed there was 2 with no vent covers and 3 with covers hanging off i knocked the door and the husband came out said could i fix them i said i couldnt and give him the number of a guy know who will i wouldnt even no were to start wen fixin them things and tbh i dont wanna know

4. TolishAPurd

When I'm window cleaning I always mention the gutters and pressure washing I do, and it that doesnt get me a job then I mention the handyman work I do. A quick mention of some ofther services you offer is better then advertising.

5. cheapncheerful

yep you only have to mention you do something and they are off..so I keep quiet now..:D

er...got enough to keep me going at home...after the third ..yep ..third bedroom ch radiator burst last week..only the bathroom left to go upstairs...me thinks...I WILL CHANGE THAT ANYWAY...:D

I mentioned on here once putting in a price for replacing three gutter joints which were all leaking and all the owner did was put a bucket out..I waited a few cleans and then thought I think I had better offer...and of course I got the job...

me trying to stick to cleaning windows now..

6. peter rogers

il stick to my windies gutters and upvc and powerwashin.. even no i beeen borrowin powerwasher lol

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I got asked after I clear the guttering can I put a clock on a wall. I got the job but like **** am I letting frank loose inside someones house with a drill :D

8. peter rogers

Lol knowin yet luck he go thru electric wire or pipe

Advertisement