Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Varistream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Halton, as others will tell you it don't matter what setting others have as there are different variables, do you have 8mm hose or 6, 2mm jets or 3, 100 meter hose, 60 or 30, fans or jets etc etc, what I did was but two brushes next too each other one with my backpack that I started with and the other on my van mount and change the setting until the speeds match, on my flow it is set at 45-55 usually depending on 1st clean or not [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I know some who run on quite a low flow setting but I never run mine at less than 80%. My norm though is 100%. Mine is the pure freedom version though. Don't know if that makes a difference.

4 for wooden and wooden sash windows or old leaded windows as most of them leak,

5 for normal UPVC windows.

I like the rinse rate of 5 but am inclined to waste water on the washing phase. I save water on 4 but the rinse is slow.

We have minibore hose.

Cheers guys I'm running 80m of 8mm using 2mm jets

Have calibrated to to 5 on b setting as when I used c it would not turn off a setting was turning pump on and off above 5

Thanks

The Varistream comes calibrated C from the factory as standard for Shurflo 100psi pumps.

If the Varistream is pulsing on 6 you may find it pulses on 5 when the water is colder. You may need to recalibrate it to C so it works properly at all times. Varistream recommend that you 'remove' the pressure switch circuit when using the Varistream controller.

If there is a slight issue with the micro switch contact points in the pressure switch, then it will confuse the controller and it won't work properly.

We usually recallibrate the controller at the beginning of winter when the water is colder and step it back in summer when the water warms up.

So what settings do you use spruce winter /summer as c did not turn my pump off and pressure built up .pressure switch is disconnected and my pump is shurflo 100psi

TBH both of our first model digital Varistreams don't work the way they used to. If I remember correctly my Varistream is on calibration setting 6.

The calibration goes from 1 to 9 and then A - F ( E or F - not 100% sure.)

As I've said, I don't use a flow higher than 5. When I up my flow to 6 ( 1 to 9 then boost) the pump will still deliver the flow I need, but will pulse at 7. That works for me.

Back