Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back issue.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

No I am not looking for last Septembers issue of 'Window Cleaning Magazine'

As three decades of hard graft start to take their toll, for the first hour of the day (sometimes two) the old back is getting rather stiff. No liking to bend like it used to.

Now do please remember I am no small chap, I stand 6'4 and a rather lean 17st surprisingly low body fat I just have a very 'stocky' frame for a tall bloke.

I have been considering one of those belts you see the weight lifter types wearing in the gym for a bit of extra support.

Any ideas / suggestions? More than welcome.

My father had a back issue. He used to deliver Rayburn stoves in his younger days and messed up his lower back. (Pre health and Safety). He used one of those belts and it gave him support. He wore it when we started window cleaning in 1988 and after a while only put it on for support after a hard day.

I would say it would be worth the investment.

i had back problems many years

hard graft it was down too

gas main layer digging trenches doubled over every day alot of driving

started the wc hayho no problems none

the problem now is my knees climbing ladders and karate would,int of helped

Bad back.knee.shoulder.elbow and wrist

Somebody shoot me

My lower back was really bad for a few years after slipping a disc..i started using a machine at the gym where you sit down and lift a stack of weights by pushing a pad backwards with your shoulder blades

Hurt like #### for a few days then no pain at all and lifting the whole stack no problem

All about core strenth to support your back

6ft 4 eh, you should be under 15stone

im 6ft1 and i got up to 16stone last year,summat had to go, im now down to under 14 aim is 13 . feel a million times better

mate of mine is 19 stone and 6ft3 ,his backs just gone , hopefully not permanently

a good laymans test for overweight is to wear heavy boots for about 2 hours ,and then transfer to wearing carpet slippers. if you sigh with relief the first few steps in the slippers you are badly overweight

Last edited:
Read all those 'generic' weight to height ratio web pages and for the most part yeah the country is way too fat.

However I kid you not, I am rather lean (very low body fat) as mentioned before I have what might be called 'stocky' build for a tall chap. Only way I could get to 15st or lower is to lose muscle mass and I am not keen to do that as I am not one of those that works out at the gym to pack on muscle. Rather worried that if I lose muscle mass my body may well replace it with fat.

As I said I have read the statistics an 99% of the time boars you're right, most people need to slim down however I guess I am the freakish exception to the rule.

I need to lose a little off my belly since Christmas but i am the same

6'2" and 15st but my ideal weight should be 12.5

I was 13st when i got married and look ill in the photos as it is just too skinny for my build

Last edited by a moderator:
another laymans obesity test is to hooka long bungee cord round your big toe and wrap the other end round your neck. suddenly your legs are lighter and now you know what it feels like to be 2 stone lighter

another laymans obesity test is to hooka long bungee cord round your big toe and wrap the other end round your neck. suddenly your legs are lighter and now you know what it feels like to be 2 stone lighter
Sorry Boars, but what f****ng drugs are you on? All I see that doing is causing the loss of an eye!

yep when my back went I couldn't get off the settee so I was in heaven...

but the guy over the road lent me one of those belts and it was the only way I could get back to work...lasted about two weeks...

I would wear one now but I would have to keep adjusting it as come monday morning my belly is bigger than on friday...

I was 13 when i got married really daveyboy you could use that to get out of it....:rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back