One off Clean Price

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jon Grainger, Feb 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jon Grainger

Jon Grainger Member

Hi guys
    I have been asked to do a one off clean, which I don't normally do, but it's on the way to some other work, so I'm a bit indifferent if I get it or not.

Going to see the potential customer tomorrow, but I wondered what price structure everyone else uses? I normally do 50% extra, but I might try 2x or 2.5x the £1 per window price, depending on how dirty.

Regards
    J

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

All depends if u want it or not. If ya not bothered just think of any ole number above 25. Add a bit to it and there u go

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I do take on one off cleans and even advertise it on my van. When asked I say it's £30 per hour and shouldn't take any more than an hour but if I suspect it will I will let them know before I start.

I get about 50% of the ones that inquire. As it is not my main source income it matters not if I get them or not.

I had a chap ask once, I said £30, he said 'I was thinking more like £12' I said 'I was thinking Strawberry Cheesecakes' he said 'What's that got to do with anything?' I said 'Well there's your answer sir!' and that ended the conversation. :))

4. Poles Apart

I normally charge double, same with first time cleans after being stung by opportunists.:finger:

5. simon

simon Guru

you tell them an hourly rate ???????????????? most of my customers would die of shock & resent me i'm sure if they knew what i get an hour lol

6. aceman

aceman Member

Price up as you would for a regular then multiply by 2 or 3 times for your one-off price depending on condition.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Why would you want to do one offs cheaper than your regular work?

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

A canvasser I had other week quoted a guy £10 for his house. Anyway few days later the guy rang me and saI'd he'd been quoted 10 but was only wanting to pay £4.

I said £4?

He said yes

Then the phone went down just as he probably heard me call him a cheeky **** under my breath lol

One offs I quote double unless it's a first clean which I always take on the chin for the chance of a regular custy

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

No I do not tell customers what I warn per hour, I tell people that inquire for a one off clean it is £30 per hour. Why not? Call the plumber, the mechanic, any other tradesman and you will be told an hourly rate, why should we be different? Are we lesser tradesmen?

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Agreed, if they are choosing regular cleaning then the first clean is a hit you take in order to maintain the relationship.

Advertisement