One shot question

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Stayclearwindowcleaning, Feb 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Stayclearwindowcleaning

Stayclearwindowcleaning Active Member

I fitted a one shot a week ago. It's all working but when I'm out of distance and can't turn it off I would like to use the Control tap. But ever time I do this it blows a fuse that comes Standard with the one shot. What have I done wrong. ( should it still shut the pump down. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Poles Apart

Get a uni-valve (well a picture of one):hehehe:

3. Stayclearwindowcleaning

I'm happy with the one shot just can't understand y it is blowing a fuse when I shut the tap off

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Must be wired wrong as I use tap when out of reach works fine

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

As above, I use a tap on the very, very rare occasion the one shot doesn't work, and no fuse's are blown. Its a case of re checking the wiring

6. Stayclearwindowcleaning

Going to have a good look today. I thought it would be down to me with my dodgy wiring lol. Thanks 4 the replays

7. steve garwood

I'm going to fit a uni valve on my poles only for the very rare occasion the one shot wont work. The uni valve will still put back pressure on the pump when in the shut off position. Especially when your customer is chatting away. The one shot however turns the pump completely off :thumbsup:

8. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

I have one fitted but rarely use it because I find it more hassle than it's worth.
    I'll explain. The fob when round the back sometimes needs a couple of presses and I spent more time watching to see if the flow was stopping or whether to press it again. It does not have enough range through building for me.
    Gloves on, gloves off, worn round neck or in pocket, I just found it a distraction to stop the flow between windows. I find it easier to pinch the hose and use the tubeless system. I will get a univalve but will wait for feedback on Steve's untested valve or wait an extra month or so for Gardiners tested model.
    Hth
    Tony

9. steve garwood

The key to it is to make a little bracket and fit the one shot unit high up on the roof rack. Since doing this my one shot works virtually every time

10. Stayclearwindowcleaning

I drilled a little hoe in the roof and put the aerial up-through. It works just not all the time. That's a good idea putting it on the roof rack. I think the unit is brilliant and saved me a lot of water this week but u can look a bit stupid pointing it in the air when a customer is looking at you lol

Advertisement