one to two man conversion problems

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Dec 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I've just converted one of my one man systems to a two man system but i'm having problems. Here is the set up.

hose from water tank goes into a y shaped adapter one branching to one pump one to the other, then seperate hose coming out from the outlet on the pumps throught two seperate di vessels then finally to hoses to two seperate hose reels, both pumps are controlled by digital flow controllers. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any water coming through the hose reel. Will the y adapter cause issues if i have one pump on and the other of i can't seem to figure out why i'm not getting any pressure, anyone any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I went to aqua tec in broxburn to get the wfp system installed in my original van, when i went back to pick it up, the boss, Peter Fogwill, told me that the set up would easily handle 2 window cleaners working off the 1 pump, a surflo 100psi 1.4g per minute. I have never had the inclination to work with anyone else, so have never tried it out, but i have no reason to doubt what he said. So im wondering why you set up 2 pumps?. Unless you have tried it with 1, but couldnt get enough water for both hoses?. Otherwise it seems like an unnecessary complication, especially using them both from 1 tank outlet. I'm no expert, but i would say that your set up would be the cause of the problems. Try 1 pump, use the y piece (one with seperate taps) between the pump and hoses, that should work. But if you have already unsuccessfully tried the setup with a single pump, you may simply need to get a more powerful one. Due to the potential for air getting drawn into either pump, i cant see your set up being anything other than a headache, unless each has its own seperate feed from the tank.

3. I hear what you are saying but i have been told in the past that its advised to have too seperate pumps, one for each wfp. I haven't tried running them both of the one pump because i am always trying to save water and with running them both of one pump what happens is when using 2 wfp when one is switched of all the water i sent directly to the other so a lot of water is wasted. does anyone else have a two man set up with 2 seperate pumps.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Of course, i wasnt thinking that far ahead (told you i wasnt an expert, turns out im not even intelligent!). But until such times as you get it properly sussed out, i would remove your y piece and bodge up a seperate feed for the 2nd pump, even if it means just putting a bit of hose down into the tank through the lid, (-:

5. yeah i think you may be right i'm going to have too in the mean time cheers man

6. What my friend has done is have one feed from tank into your pump, then from pump into a DI vessel, then from DI vessel into a garden hose lock splitter and the to the 2 hose reels. Works a treat, he's never had any problems. Can use one or both, makes no difference.

Let us know how you get on :)

Jeremy

7. Bas bus driver thinks the same but will that no effect the flow if one pole is shut off

Advertisement