One Week Rule

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shaun1977, Jun 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Do you guys follow the one week rule when it comes to collecting money? As n you only try and collect for week after job is done thn push it on so thy owe dbl next month. When i first started out friend who got me into it said to go tht with tht as if you chase up for longer you get people complaining saying thy only payed you cpl weeks ago

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

Don't collect anymore,but when I did, if a couple of weeks had gone I'd slip it in that I'd be due again next week or so

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Do u use paypal chip?

4. chip

chip Guru

No, not that advanced, just an envelope, and they send a cheque

5. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

But doesnt that cut into ur costs paying for stamps?

6. chip

chip Guru

They deal with that! I told everyone what I was doing and none whittled about that, I have had some what never paid that way and knocked them off the list eventually, there's just a few what said they can't do cheques that I collect, so am out maybe half hour a month.

7. Posh

Posh Hero

I do envelopes for people that are more then 5 miles away. Works great. & I put stamps on them. I found I was going out about twice a week for 2-3 hours a ***ht. Now I go once a month for about 2 hours. The cost of the stamps is half the price I woz paying in petrol. That worked out roughly 8 times a month I woz collecting spending about £40 a month on just collecting plus being out. A few of mine are 12 miles away so I had to go there & if they weren't in had to go back again & don't like adding on each month as it builds up to sometimes a silly price. Spend about £25 on stamps every 6 weeks.

8. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Iv got almost 400 customers so giving thm all stamps is out the question ur talking £200 a month

9. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Chip how did u go about telling hm all? Did u just say when you went to door or drop thm something threw door explainng

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Don't do them all. I got bout 400 custys but it's only the far ones I do. Saves me money anyway. I made up a letter that I posted through there door when I cleaned there windows. I also put a few of there prices up by £1 to cover the stamp so I gained really.

Advertisement