Online Banking Payments BACS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Windowwhiz, Mar 3, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Just a little tip if you dont do this already.....

When you put your slip through the door saying you've cleaned your customers windows, add an option for them to pay you by BACS (online banking).

All the info you need to give them is your Account name, Sort code and Account number.

That means less runs to the bank with cheques and less money to collect.

About 30% of our customers pay us by bacs now. :D

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I usualy give my customers my account no etc so they can set up a standing order or direct debit. Save a lot of hassle.

3. Do they by "bacs" or credit transfer the reason i ask is i offered a standing order option at one point but it was a ***htmare trying to keep on top of it as no matter what reference the customer put on there online banking all i would see upon checking my account was a name with no way to connect it to an address.

How hard or easy is it for a customer to pay by bacs

colin

[hr]
    Another good and easy way for residential customers if you have a website is offer online payments its easy and free to set up using paypal although they will charge you a little on each transaction but its well worth it for the fuel and time savings ( they don't need to have a paypal account to use this method) i have about 40% of my customers pay in this way

check it out on my website sparklywindows.com

4. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

No its not a standing order just a cash transfer and in the reference they put their name and address.
    Some only put there name but thats not too much of a problem cos I havent really got any 2 customers with the same name paying the same amount, and I keep my windows customer list on a database in excel so as the payments come in I can do a search for their name and mark off as paid :cool:

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

I have a lot pay through Bank transfer and some on standing order,I bank with the COOP and the ref-address comes up next to payment and cheques I have envelope that the bank gives me and I take them to the Post office,saves me going to the bank.

Advertisement