Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hows This Year Been So Far?

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Well my van insurances is going to drop by over half. Saving 700 a year!!!

A few on my advertisments are ending Saving another 20.00 a month

Picked up around 80.00 a month worth of work this month (5 small shop still to price ) I got them and some of the houses by messaging people on facebook. If they wont come to me, Ill go to them! haha.

Re arranged my round so it was more fuel and time efficient, I dont have the figure for this yet but Ill guess it about 40+ with saving on paying a wage and with the saving on fuel.

2 of my other bill will drop this year, working on the others lol.

Plenty of new build kicking about so decided to get off my ar.se and start canvassing again. Picked up 4 yesterday all in one street. If it wasent for the bad snow I woud probably be out now.

Been good so far anyway!

Pretty poo tbh .

Ive puck up 7 this month so far but seriously consifering selling up because of this weather , but if I dont well thats another matter .

nice one, thats a good way to start the year off, esp the van insurance.

for me so far, van been in garage twice to be looked at after a few problems with the engine.

but have picked up 3 more blocks of flats cleaning contracts and 2 domestic customers averaging £150 a month over the next year.

need to get back out door knocking tho as not been yet,

do all you boys canvass then and go door knocking its something ive never done ,i baught a round 7 years ago and just gone from there just go off word and mouth got no sighn writting now adverts anywere,i take it u boys havant got much work or are u growing to go down the staff route??

do all you boys canvass then and go door knocking its something ive never done ,i baught a round 7 years ago and just gone from there just go off word and mouth got no sighn writting now adverts anywere,i take it u boys havant got much work or are u growing to go down the staff route??
yer leaflet drops and door knocking, yer got work, but always can take more on and expand

i did the staff thing wen i was trad but went to wfp and got rid i could do all the work myself ,i saved loads of time not checking there work and genrally cocking around with them

Not bad. Picked up 3 domestics & one commercial worth £100 every 4 months.

Have got rid my staff now (1) as have re scechald round & got rid of a few so can do it myself.

Ive got 1 employee just now. Ill will be going down the staff route. Canvassing is by far the best method of getting work, It just getting up and going thats the problem for me. Ive bought a few small rounds aswell and Im on the look out for another 500 quids worth of work.
Word of mouth is good but I wouldnt rely on that alone if your wanting to grow, well grow fast.

i did the staff thing wen i was trad but went to wfp and got rid i could do all the work myself ,i saved loads of time not checking there work and genrally cocking around with them
You shouldnt need to check someones work all the time if there any good to be faire.

ya there was a point wen he was sound but i maid the mistake of letting him go to the door a couple of times then he must of worked out what i was earning and he said he wanted a pay rise ,so that didnt go down to well for me

Am just steady away, on 156 customers now ( my highest ever) and re-arranged all my round /emoticons/smile.png so am saving fuel and less travelling time

Back