Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To buy or not to buy that is the question...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok so here is the final update for a while, now before mocking do bear in mind that I have no carpentry skills whatsoever and this has all been done with a saw a drill and a screwdriver so not brilliant but it will suffice for me.

The lads at the garage bolting the tanks back in.

As you can see now have useful shelving running the length of the van, and the box at the back is for storing the vacuum that the wife uses on her jobs that used to just roll around in the back of the van.

Still need to tidy up the earth from the battery and make a small frame to keep it in place but that's net weekend.

The space on the wall next to the trad tools is where the water heater will go when it arrives from Germany this week.

Need just a smidge more conduit and a couple of screws to tidy up the wires but will get on that tomorrow and as you can see still plenty of room for when I need to load in a power washer or carpet cleaner or a couple of dead bodies etc!

So that's it for now, everything has a place and everything is in it's place no more random **** rolling around the back of my van. Woo hoo.

Looking good :thumbsup: Never earthed my battery, guess I probably should lol so thanks for that. I hang my brushes up in the exact same way /emoticons/biggrin.png

The back door trad storage is on vacation till mid week Peter,

With this particular heater you (apparently) don't need a chimney Steve, you need a vent in the floor as the gas is heavier than the air so any leakage will go down and out not up.

This is not my theory, this is what the supplier has said so we will see when it arrives, it will be fitted in a fortnight when I get back to London as my mates there are proper plumbers and gas fitters so they will know what to do to make it legit.

you need a vent in the floor as the gas is heavier than the air so any leakage will go down and out not up.
He was referring to any leaks of gas between the gas bottle and the heater. Gas is heavier than air. This is why all caravans and mobile homes have to have a vent in the floor. The exhaust gas is another issue.

This is why some choose to mount their heaters on the back door and leave the doors open when they are using the heater. This vents the heater to the atmosphere.

Exhaust gas is hot so will initially rise. It's hot enough to burn the paintwork of the van. Its also laden with moisture so if its in a cold van, will cause condensation problems. Your heater also produces carbon monoxide gas which is a silent killer.

A several local windies have the other popular heater which has provision for an exhaust pipe, and they have fitted a roof vent outside the van.

This vent works well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151767945224?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The 4" air ducting is discarded and the internal open/close flap inside the vent must also be removed. The adapter could be used although a local windie used a solid 4" exhaust tube directly from the heater into the vent. He has a carbon monoxide detector in the van.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back