Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That's outta order if you ask me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well they can see out of one side now that's for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

Myself I would be rather peed off knowing someone has been on my property without my permision messing with my windows. I would also phone them up and give em a right bollocking down the phone. All depending what responce I got I might notify trading standards and maybe the police aswell.

What some forget too there are lots of vulnerable old people about so you should not go messing about like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's 100% a trad job,

What a stupid thing to do, very unprofessional and out of order!

Very risky. Imagine this.

You enter a property without permission with the intention of doing work you have not been asked to do. Whilst leaving you notice a gnome has been broken on the step. You did not do it.

You cant prove you did not break it. Police investigate the criminal damage and note that you are happy to enter property as a trespasser. Your integrity is in doubt.

Or their window lets water in. (wfp) Or you put dents in the lawn. (trad) anyway, you get my point.

Now read this.

I once cleaned a metre of guttering for free on the neighbouring property from the property I was working on. I did this because my customer has to look at it from their kitchen window.

Three days later the guy called me to say that he had not asked me to clean his guttering and now it leaks. I went back to my customer's garden and tried to seal the joint. I ended up having to fit a new joint. He wasn't happy because the new white joint was too bright, (he cant even see it from his house) and demanded I replace all the guttering on that side of his building. Of course I told him he had no hope of that happening. Then I got a letter from his solicitor, telling that I had damaged his clients property and they would pursue the case in the courts if I did not put things right to his clients satisfaction. I spoke to a customer of mine, who is also a solicitor, who advised me that as I had no permission to touch it I had no hope of winning and it would be cheaper just to replace is guttering.

I spoke to a local guttering company for a price and explained the situation. They refused to even quote. They didn't want to get involved. I said I would put up new guttering myself but the guy said he wanted his builder to do it. In all it cost me £600.

I'm not bitter,.........................yea right. It was two years ago and feel anger every time I drive down that road.

Be warned.

man thats a bad one, ive done similar gutter cleans on neighbours property i wll be thinking twice from now on

Very risky. Imagine this.You enter a property without permission with the intention of doing work you have not been asked to do. Whilst leaving you notice a gnome has been broken on the step. You did not do it.

You cant prove you did not break it. Police investigate the criminal damage and note that you are happy to enter property as a trespasser. Your integrity is in doubt.

Or their window lets water in. (wfp) Or you put dents in the lawn. (trad) anyway, you get my point.

Now read this.

I once cleaned a metre of guttering for free on the neighbouring property from the property I was working on. I did this because my customer has to look at it from their kitchen window.

Three days later the guy called me to say that he had not asked me to clean his guttering and now it leaks. I went back to my customer's garden and tried to seal the joint. I ended up having to fit a new joint. He wasn't happy because the new white joint was too bright, (he cant even see it from his house) and demanded I replace all the guttering on that side of his building. Of course I told him he had no hope of that happening. Then I got a letter from his solicitor, telling that I had damaged his clients property and they would pursue the case in the courts if I did not put things right to his clients satisfaction. I spoke to a customer of mine, who is also a solicitor, who advised me that as I had no permission to touch it I had no hope of winning and it would be cheaper just to replace is guttering.

I spoke to a local guttering company for a price and explained the situation. They refused to even quote. They didn't want to get involved. I said I would put up new guttering myself but the guy said he wanted his builder to do it. In all it cost me £600.

I'm not bitter,.........................yea right. It was two years ago and feel anger every time I drive down that road.

Be warned.
That's shocking! .....must be a tough one when driving down that road but try not to let that person live in your head rent free.....the only person the bitterness is hurting is yourself.

Sorry if that is coming across as blunt but I have had a similar experience and those ill feelings / resentments are like drinking poison and wishing the other person to suffer as a result......just need to somehow accept that there are people like that and we have learnt and grown as a result of the experience /emoticons/smile.png

Yep as it's so easy to get a bit carried away on shared gutter runs especially using a pro gutter tool on a pole clearing them from the roofline up the ladder.

thanks for the warning though spcleaning...bad luck getting a little :turd: like that some people are just so sad..

funny enough I did clean a full window for free the other week but...it was from the pavement...I had cleaned it continuously before until new people had moved in and I did put my card through..the window was filthy as its right on the road but ...i DONT think some people look out of their windows..I wont be doing it again...

yeh I some how dont think I will get my glasses back off dragon lady neighbour after they fell over the hedge as I cut it...some people are only alive to upset others../emoticons/biggrin.png

I know this sounds strange, but If I know someone has moved into a house that I didn't clean before, I clean it, then knock on the door on friday and simply say "windows please". Now most of my work is 2 up 2 down coronation street type stuff. But I've had almost nobody ever knock me back. Most people don't even think anything odd about it, they just pay and continue to have the windows cleaned, like a service to be expected like emptying the bins. Some streets I do literally do every house

Back