Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Often Do You Sanitise Your System?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

With the constant re-filling and emptying of our tank in the van with pure water, is there realy any need to do this.

It's not as if the water is laying stagnant for any length of time for legionares/bacteria etc to be a problem.

Maybe a thought for people who are harvesting rain water in multiple tanks and storing water for any length of time though :huh: .

Usually every 6 months, use a sanitiser from i think cleaning spot. But cant remember tbh.

Every week i tell everybody to sanitise equipment, up to them if they do don't. All vans have it installed.

Can someone fill me in. Never heard of this.

What exactly do you/ can you do to what to clean it????!!!

Anyone got some instructions or something?

We use Aqua Dosa sanitiser from cleaningspot.co.uj

it just a solution to kill zee nasty stuff!

Systems shouldn't run completely dry, water resides inside hoses pumps and filter systems. Surprisingly when you don't work its stagnant in the system therefore bacteria both aerobic an anaerobic lurk inside breading some nasty surprises. Also as there should be water in the system all the time, this water only gets diluted when refilling and allows the bacteria to spread around some more. Also if you have a clear type water tank the daylight or any light will allow algae to grow in your supposedly pure water system. This is the reason why I sanitise my own system even though my tank is black and totally light proof.

Systems shouldn't run completely dry, water resides inside hoses pumps and filter systems. Surprisingly when you don't work its stagnant in the system therefore bacteria both aerobic an anaerobic lurk inside breading some nasty surprises. Also as there should be water in the system all the time, this water only gets diluted when refilling and allows the bacteria to spread around some more. Also if you have a clear type water tank the daylight or any light will allow algae to grow in your supposedly pure water system. This is the reason why I sanitise my own system even though my tank is black and totally light proof.
Can you tell me how to do it please? I also have a black tank but have never sanitised it. what do you use and how do you do it?
Thanks

I give my containers a good rinse out with the hosepipe and disinfectant and send it through my 6mm hosepipe every few months. Your right you never know what might be lurching in there and a good precaution

Several products available such as aqua dosa or hydrogen peroxide. You add to the tank run it through for a short time.
If added to a near empty tank do you run it dry and if so that means much of the tank will not get sanitised or do you add it to a full tank in which case assume the sanitizer dos not affect the water?
Sorry for so many questions but I want to get it right

Why would you run dry? Surely you can put hose to tank to not waste water. The product breaks down to water and oxygen. No dissolved solids. Full tank would be better. I use 5 litres for 400 litre tank and recirculate for a little bit.

Why would you run dry? Surely you can put hose to tank to not waste water. The product breaks down to water and oxygen. No dissolved solids. Full tank would be better. I use 5 litres for 400 litre tank and recirculate for a little bit.
I meant run dry as I assumed you had to dispose of the water but from what you say it breaks down so I just need it to recirculate for a little while.

Latest Posts

Back