Open Windows?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jez86, May 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jez86

Jez86 Member

Just wondered what everyone does with open windows when the customer is out?? And also, had a customer ask me to do their fascia's... I used to do them by hand when I was trad but people seem to do them wfp...customer asked if water would get through the vents ect, how do you get around this?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i just turn the water off clean the window and gentle aim water at the top and let it flow down. just take more care really. i never turn the water flow on near vents, i carry a rag with me to wipe vents that are down stairs.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

All of my customers have upvc windows so if they are not locked in the vent postion can just push any opened windows gently shut with my wfp.

Windows with vents are not a problem either as you don't go squirting water in them.

Regarding gutter cleaning it take it you mean vents in soffits then most of the time when cleaning soffits you can use the wfp wet brush with the water turned off then stick a damp micro cloth over the brush to wipe them over.

4. Jez86

Jez86 Member

Ok thanks, how do you control your water? I've only got a shut off at the end of the hose so not very east to turn off/on unless I have it in my hand?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've found that an Aqua-Dapter is very handy tool to use as it just fits onto the top of the pole then you just pull the hose to turn the water on/off.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had a quarter light window open upstairs that was well open today. The pole wouldn't close it even when I turned it upside down. I just turned the water down and left a note that that window may not be clean. Bugger all else you can do really.

I could have got the ladders off, but couldn't be arsed to tell the truth.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

i just shut the window with my pole

but 1/10 windows i wont be able to close so i just do what i can :)

8. JDMW

JDMW Guru

thing with shutting them with ya pole is, water still goes inside coz there not actually closed and there is a small gap where water drops down, had this happen lots to me. i just clean the glass on some windows and put a little note when im finished, most people never moan or even notice.

9. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

When you're trad, you can not only push them closed but, you can pull them open again afterwards and look like a real pro to the neighbours :Image9:
    Only messing guys but, opening them again is a tiny detail I like to employ.

Mart.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Advertisement