order myself new pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by nearlyclean, Jun 8, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

See that Gardiner have more CL-X in stock so just ordered myself a new 27 ft,the harris pole is okay but the clamps start to slip and I need a good all rounder and the CL-X looks like the best pole for the price.Can't wait to get it

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Congrats I am tempted to get a smaller clx as a back up use my slx most the time.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Its the clamps that has done it for me,I was comparing it to the elite the side way clamping system without all that allen key stuff,I would of like a slx but have other things to buy at the moment and settled for a clx and I dont think there is much in the weight differences

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Good choice - I love my CLX.

I also ordered a butt cap for the No. 4 section, then removed the stop tape to let the No. 4 section slide out completely.

Now I have an 18ft, with a butt cap that slides on perfectly & stays there, and for the digger jobs I can slide on the other 2 sections.

I also used a marker pen to indicate when the No. 4 section is at maximum.

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Probably get an aqua-adaptor next another reason for buying the pole.Just order another flip fast the 7 inch one find them a lot easier to work with than a regular goose neck and use to struggle with nut on other adjustable angles.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Just got home and the pole had been delivered.wasn't expecting it to come for at least a few weeks.Only got a few jobs to do tomorrow.All unwrapped and out of the box feels like a well balanced and rigid pole.Well chaffed :huh:

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Congrats bet you can't wait to get out and use it.

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

Yeah only got a short day tomorrow just a few jobs to do,Probably get an CL-X 18 next.

9. Not seen this pole before.
    What is the cost of the 27 foot ?

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

£180 for clx 27 I been thinking about it for a while and didn't like the other poles on offer and went down the DIY I say for a cheap pole you can't go wrong with a harris pole and the fishing poles are great at height and wasn't going to pay out for another pole but after all the talk I thought I got to try one of these and the clamps feel easy to work with and narrow pole width as I have quite small hands

Advertisement