Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Organising Van Pressure Washing Setup / Storage securing equipment ideas?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Derekarogers

So I am almost finally setup with my equipment to start work! :)

I've got the:
Loncin 21lpm pressure washer
18'' Whirlaway FSC
I've also just added on BigBoy Trolly WFP Setup with 22ft Pole.

My only issue is now setup/layout/storage in my van.

I've picked up a 56' Vito Van for now but not sure what's the best way for storing/securing everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Straps/Bungees/Pipes to hold lances or something? Just trying to see what maybe the best/cheapest option for now.

I only have a 15m hose at the moment and no reel. I will be getting a 40m hose soon with a reel hopefully once I get some more funds in as I am pretty much spent up now with all the equipment and van.

I know some people use a wheelie bin as their buffer tank and then store lances ate in that. Bungies are not a good idea to secure things in a van as they allow too much movement.
Cam buckle straps are good and mini ratchet straps.
Don't forget if you are doing wfp you need to transport the pure water. Barrels or a tank are very weighty things so you need to secure them properly. i.e a tank needs a frame bolted through the chassis and barrels need strapping down to through chassis eyelets as the ones built into the van floor are not very safe at all.

I cover a load of different trades so when I pressure wash I have to take a lot out of the van which makes storage key for me.

What I would say is that racking is a godsend. I’m totally OCD on my van and equipment but think it’s worth it. Stanley stacking boxes and the larger dewalt ones are great for organising and quick to remove when needed. Get some ply racking in the van and have a set location for everything that is going to stay in there. Makes life so much easier if you have everything exactly where you know it is whenever you need it. Does my head in when I see guys vans that just look like they chucked everything in the back. No idea how they can work like that.

I also have a small toolbox for spare nozzles, tools, spark plugs, tap and hose adapters etc so I can just pick it up and take it with me.

I use a big plastic food storage bin as a buffer and it stores hoses, lances, hypo, gloves, wellies and waterproofs for transport to the job. Might be too small for your machine but principle is the same.

Bungees are fine used sensibly. Strung side to side across the van they work well to stop tall stuff falling over. Most vans will have tie-downs built in also. I also bought a few metres of bungee cord. Great for tying between hooks vertically down the shelves to stop anything falling off when driving.

Common sense also to make sure you have a secure space for fuel container, oils etc. anything that will make a mess or be dangerous when it falls over.

I cover a load of different trades so when I pressure wash I have to take a lot out of the van which makes storage key for me.

What I would say is that racking is a godsend. I’m totally OCD on my van and equipment but think it’s worth it. Stanley stacking boxes and the larger dewalt ones are great for organising and quick to remove when needed. Get some ply racking in the van and have a set location for everything that is going to stay in there. Makes life so much easier if you have everything exactly where you know it is whenever you need it. Does my head in when I see guys vans that just look like they chucked everything in the back. No idea how they can work like that.

I also have a small toolbox for spare nozzles, tools, spark plugs, tap and hose adapters etc so I can just pick it up and take it with me.

I use a big plastic food storage bin as a buffer and it stores hoses, lances, hypo, gloves, wellies and waterproofs for transport to the job. Might be too small for your machine but principle is the same.

Bungees are fine used sensibly. Strung side to side across the van they work well to stop tall stuff falling over. Most vans will have tie-downs built in also. I also bought a few metres of bungee cord. Great for tying between hooks vertically down the shelves to stop anything falling off when driving.

Common sense also to make sure you have a secure space for fuel container, oils etc. anything that will make a mess or be dangerous when it falls over.
I have fitted 3 racks of wire hanging baskets. What I like about these is that you can see through them and know what is inside. Think they were a tenner each and can hold a 5 litre container exactly if you buy the 150mm wide ones. Might sound silly but works perfectly. ?

I have fitted 3 racks of wire hanging baskets. What I like about these is that you can see through them and know what is inside. Think they were a tenner each and can hold a 5 litre container exactly if you buy the 150mm wide ones. Might sound silly but works perfectly. ?

Tesco 17litre stacking boxes for me. Clear. Big enough without losing half the stuff in them. Cheap. My only gripe is they’re made of that plastic that is ridiculously brittle so I’m forever replacing them which isn’t very eco.

Tesco 17litre stacking boxes for me. Clear. Big enough without losing half the stuff in them. Cheap. My only gripe is they’re made of that plastic that is ridiculously brittle so I’m forever replacing them which isn’t very eco.
I like the basket because I can remove them if I sell the van. No weight to them and rust proof. Will get a photo of them to give others ideas.

Back