Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Proof of income

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andy1992

Hi guys,

Is it necessary to invoice residential customers so that you can prove your income to hmrc or do you just need to maintain records of what your income and expenditure was ? I mean because a lot of it is cash payments is there an form of proof required like an invoice or receipt ?

dont give them anything unless they ask....if they want it they will ask you for it....oh god its nearly that time of year again, now what was my password....dohhh:sad:

Hi guys,
Is it necessary to invoice residential customers so that you can prove your income to hmrc or do you just need to maintain records of what your income and expenditure was ? I mean because a lot of it is cash payments is there an form of proof required like an invoice or receipt ?

There Is certainly no need to invoice as far as I am aware. I keep a daily record, in my work diary, of every job done and payment made. That is sufficient for tax purposes.

I used to leave a receipt in the latter box after each clean however after few months I realized that too many receipt books thrown away - and they cost £3 each : )

Back