Other business interests

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by laddergarder, Feb 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. laddergarder

I was just wondering if anyone on here has another business like carpet cleaning, and how you find running both business. I don't really mean doing the odd gutter cleaning job, I mean a completely seperate business.

Advertisement
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

The guy i was with last year had 2 full weeks of windows and 2 full weeks of gardens a month

he seemed to be managing ok
    personally i think he toke on to much work for 2 guys in 1 van maby he should of done 1 guy doing windows and 1 guy doing gardens and add extra people when needed but its his business and he was leaving people down lot of the time.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Keep it simple, stick to the windows!. If you are struggling to find enough window cleaning work to keep yourself going, fair enough, try something else aswell. Otherwise, i personally dont think it is a good idea and cant really see any benefits to it.

4. laddergarder

if you have two separate plc companies, they can be owned by the one person and cumulatively have a turnover greater the VAT threshold, however as long as they are separately under the VAT threshold, and clearly different business, different staff vehicles etc, then you would not be liable to pay VAT.

5. James

James Guru

Yeah I'd personally just stick to the windows. I've looked at a seperate carpet cleaning business to go along side but managing both would be quite stressfull.

James.

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Stop it, you are making my head hurt!, far too complicated for my tiny brain! :-(

7. James

James Guru

Ladder Knows his business!

James.

8. white-light

white-light Guest

way back when i was last a windy i did run other ideas and that was painting and gardening and did ok but i did not do those myself but used a few friends except for a few weekend jobs that were in the areas i needed to be anyway for collecting , and i always needed to collect from some harder to catch customers,. best advice i can give is stick to just 1 thing unless you have someone you trust to do the other work

Advertisement