Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trade associations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was once in the FWC or something but no point for last few years, thinking may join another, don't know who to choose.

Yourself?

No but I would like to, maby something local but like yoursel I don't know who to choose or even where to look.

What do you need Marty to be part of BWCA ?

No but I would like to, maby something local but like yoursel I don't know who to choose or even where to look.

What do you need Marty to be part of BWCA ?
I think you need to go on the bwca course to achieve membership. It was £125 for window cleaning skills and WFP course mate

^ What have you gained from being a member?
When I was canvassing for commercial work at the start I was asked by some of the businesses if I was "qualified" - which to be honest did surprise me. Being a member certainly helped me get the contracts with some of these jobs. It also meant they felt I was more of a professional set up. After all, of they were after a plumber or electrician for example, they would ask the same question.

It probably hasn't made any difference as far as residential work goes - but having the membership gave me the start I needed as a new business. It might not be for everybody but I'm glad I did it.

I know a windy of 10yrs service who used to do my house before I started and he has no commercial work and has tried no end to get the work - however;

He doesn't have a sign written van

He works in jeans trainers and a waterproof jacket - no company name or logos

He is always complaining that he can't get any commercial work and I saw him about a month ago and pointed to my van and logo on my polo shirt. He just doesn't think it matters. The proof is in the pudding.

I love my Nike air max, most comfortable trainer for walking about with ladders all day! Also wear tracksuit bottoms and a navy coat. When the hot weather comes I'm planning on getting a few polos and jumpers made, and maybe a branded coat for canvassing, but as 99% of my work is residential they don't mind.

I was going to wait til I got a new van until I got it sign written, just my van is ex postie, anyone else have a red van?

There must be more than that because I defo would not be going to do a window cleaning course.

I think the fwc you can get discounts on insurance and you get to use their logo!! I personally wouldn't use any as they are just another expense!

Gav should turn this forum into the no1 resource for window cleaners!!

hi ya i used to belong to the FMW, FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS, in the early days, it ment you was a bonafide window cleaner and that you are fully inured, also they gave you a bimonthly magazine called window talk, i think the fed is a bit old fasion for to days window cleaners, i think they were opossed to WFP at one time.........pete

Back