Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Honesty is the best policy!

jamiesmack

Did a lovely little job this morning, gutter clear and f/s/g clean. Nice old lady customer, plenty of coffees etc.

Handed her her invoice as I was leaving (£80), she says hang on, I'l get you cash. she hands it over, I pick up the rest of my gear and off to the van.

As I was putting the money away, I thought this seems a lot. I counted it up and there was £300 quid there :eek:.

I went back to the door, and she said yes that's right, £280 for the work and £20 for a christmas drink :eek::rofl: She had mis-read the £ for a 2.

She insisted that I took £100 in the end. Her son has just phoned me up, he's sent me £50 by paypal as a thank you and I'm doing his gutters f/s/g next week /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well done mate

I realised someone paid me £60 online , twice - it was over 6 weeks ago - he drives a Bentley so could have left it

But I told him . He was pleased and an sure he will remember that in future

Hopefully !

Nice one mate, these things always make your name get around quick as an honest and decent person. More work for you in the long term and you've probably saved the old dears xmas. Good on you!

Latest Posts

Back