Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having a franks day

Smurf

I'm having a franks day as I've got to be in 4 places at once today

Got to be home looking after the little one most of the day now

16 flats are due their first clean - allowed 4 hours including travel time

2 New park homes deep cleans - takes me 2 plus hours to do each one which happens to be in the oposite direction to the flats that are due

Help my son moved stuff back into his house after his new carpets have been layed.

And now try to mend the flush on the downstairs loo that has just broke.

Not enough hours in a day for frank so it seems /emoticons/biggrin.png

And to top it off I woke up with the shites so I have to keep running up stairs but did not make it the last time. /emoticons/sad.png

You'll be up **** creek if you break the upstairs flush too :)

Best find some cryptonite and jump in the cloning chamber smurf for that lot of work, I'd allow a week for :)

I've not been able to work for 3 weeks so all the work is backing up so to speak but not my **** it seems:D

Better out than in :)

I should be getting on with work but I use the excuse I'm not quite ready for kick off, still lacing my shoes, so to speak

And to top it off I woke up with the shites so I have to keep running up stairs but did not make it the last time. /emoticons/sad.png
Man pants smurf? ?

The good news is frank will be left at home tomorrow ...touch wood.

Weather permitting (man pants at the ready) I can get out and do a bit as I'm not looking after the little one tomorrow either /emoticons/smile.png

I was for me too as I don't remember eating that as they say /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well it looks like another wasted day today for me as I even got up early but the van would not start.

To top it off I had to park across the street instead of the front of my house. Well it's on what we call the island which is a semi circular tarmac paving at the end of a row of garages. The 25m extension cable I used just reached to stick the battery on charge so that was a relief. I'm betting now as the cable goes runs the road diagonally across a free parking space bloody fred will come along and park on it and sod off somewhere on foot for hours.

Frank was going to get another one of those battery charger in the sale at halfords so he cut the crock clips off it and used my old pf connector to use it to charge my pf trolley up. Thing is frank never did get another charger so this morning I had to take the pf trolley charger connector back off. No problem I thought until I looked for the garage keys to get my toolbox out. Well frank has obviously lost the garage keys as they are nowhere to be found....ffs now what am I going to do I thought as I've got no tools and no crock clips to put back on the charger. Anyhow frank noticed a role of duck tape inside the van so with in a blink of an eye he had a plan.

Yep you guessed it the charger leads are now taped to the van battery terminals and is charging as I’m writting this I hope.

That reads like one of my method statements, a real one not a nice virtual one.

At least you got there in the end!

Wife's started to crack her whip so I better get busy, told me I have to start earning from Monday :-(

I've just checked franks tape idea but it came unstuck so did not work so that has wasted another 2 hours or so. However I did manage to push the wires into the gaps of the clamps so now is charging for now.

I've looked high and low but still not found the garage keys yet.

Kitchen drawers, down the sofa, underneath the drivers seat, in the laundry, pockets, jackets, grandkids toy box, wife's handbag, shelves, kitchen cupboards, in shoes...

My house looks like I've been broken into now trying to find them:D

Frank was handed 2 key on a keyring when the council replaced the garage door last year. Yep they are both still on the same keyring as he never bothered to split them so I'm stuffed if I cant find them now.:rolleyes:

It's worth investing in a jump/booster pack for when the van won't start

I got one off a friend a few years ago and has got me out of trouble a few times

I had a decent one but leant it to someone and never had it back. It's been so long know I can't remember who borrowed it.

May not be Frank who lost the keys Smurf, not if there is a Gremlin,..er I mean a darling child, in the house. They have mysterious power and can hide anything anywhere. :rofl:

That happend to next door with their car keys as their little one got hold of them and were never seen again. To this day 2 years later on they still wonder what happened to them.

Anway got me van started at last so took if for a run and got some fuel as the tank was almost empty.

I found the garage keys in my other hi-viz jacket that was one of the first places frank looked in early this morning.

Had a phone call from the wife earlier just to nag me why I was home and not working that really peed me off.

Frank is filling the van tanks now as are both empty. Was a job he should have done yesterday and in doing so managed to tug on the transfer hose too hard and pulled over the di tank that is connected inline. Lucky for frank the di tank did not break or I would have to deduct it from his pay today. Trouble is frank has earnt bugger all today so that would have been like getting blood out of a stone.

I best go check if frank is keeping an eye out so the tanks don't overfill and flood the van like he did last time.

Back