OVENS OR WINDOWS ???

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, May 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Would you rather clean ovens or windows as your business votes below please lol

I will kick this off by saying windows asap please, after 9 years of oven valeting I cant wait to try something else :(

???

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

neither if I'm honest as I hate work :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seriously I've never tried running an oven cleaning service but still must be an ok job money wise if you have been at 9 years ?

Not only that you could still work in bad weather unlike window cleaning surely? :rolleyes:

4. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Its awful smurf yeah money is good but its like scrubbing away at cement 90% of the time... would still do it part time just don't want to rely on it full time just cant do it anymore, need a change big time.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I could say the same thing as like any job you can get fedup with the repetition after a while.
    Put it this way I quite like the idea of being able to work inside most of the time say cleaning ovens than working 20 ft up a ladder clearing gutters out etc as can be dangerous work and bloody hard graft.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have thought about adding oven valeting for yonks now but would not know where to start.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction on what's the best methods & chems you use. I also understand you may not want to share publically on here so could private message me if you like.:thumbsup:

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Smurf - most ovens aren't at eye level, They are down just off the floor. So count me out as I can't get down there.

I would imagine that the only time you get called is when the oven is so filthy that its probably best to send it to the tip

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Very True... I could probably bend down on to me knees but struggle to get back up again. :D

9. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Most jobs are down on knee jobs that's another reason I hate it now my knees are terrible 5 to 9 hours a day doing ovens gets to you but an ideal add on which is what I'm hoping to do put ovens on back burner say 4 a month.

Will pm you smurf but no real secret to be honest

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Many thanks paul1 and I look forward to the info :thumbsup:

Advertisement