P / T mobile car wash

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by sdrah, Apr 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

What do you think about operating a part time / weekend - mobile car wash? I know car wash / valeting is a totally different business however once Ive got everything in my van may be I should give it a go ?!

I know few places around (ALDI car park for example) and I thought it could be better to stay in the same place on a regular basis ( let say sat & sun) rather then driving to somebody's house / office ??! Probably is not a brilliant idea for a window cleaner who has over 400 regular customers but I ve got under 200 customers only so plenty of free time and besides - I like cleaning cars : ) Being MOBILE I don't think it should be a big hassle - no need for any permits from council etc ??! just a proper liability insurance and a verbal agreement with the landlord of the chosen place

Also while cleaning cars can do a very good advertising for my current window cleaning business ?! flyers etc

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^^ Can't knock a grafter :thumbsup:. Round here the Eastern Europeans have got the supermarkets sown up. How about a free car clean for a contract to clean their windows or something?

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

that's a good idea - but will they sign a contract ?! most ppl are quite sceptic when they hear FREE and CONTRACT

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Something to think about though :thumbsup:

5. sdrah

sdrah Guest

something like this

[​IMG]

6. cheapncheerful

yeh gotta be a good advert for your windowcleaning ...:)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Would you make any real money though just on your own by the time you paid out to rent a patch?
    Water run off is also a big issue for most councils/water boards as they don't want standing water left on the ground and/or chems going down drains.

When you say you already have the right equipment what methods are you going to use to valet a car?

8. TolishAPurd

I've got to agree with Smurf here.

I'm afraid you're about 8years late into this industry. Eastern Europeans have cornered the market here. They work in big gangs, for very cheap labour, and its almost impossible to compete with that.

9. sdrah

sdrah Guest

i agree everything is taken - the only and main reason I thought to do it is to get in contact with new potential (local) customers - to promote my window cleaning / jet washing services etc . In 2004 I worked at a car wash in Croydon and from my experience , while you clean their cars you have more time and chances to talk ( more successfully ) to them rather than canvassing the town and getting a pretty usual answer - " no thank you"

Smurf - re: profit I have no idea how much to expect :) it would be nice to get around £180 - £200 after tax / rent etc and re: equipment - apart from the honda pressure washer I bought recently ( thanks for your help by the way) I've got a Karcher K7 which is just perfect for the a car wash - also I have a honda generator and a Karcher puzzi 100 for interior plus a HENRY Hoover and that's it - all I have to do is to give a call to Autosmart and get all the chemicals delivered to the door - which may cost around 150 quid .

Of course all the above is my own opinion and I could be wrong or missing something but im happy to try it out :)

10. TolishAPurd

It can't hurt to try, so good luck if you do. The worst that can happen is you get stuck with a lifetimes supply of cleanig gear to use on your own van! :)

Advertisement