P5 Flashing Intermittently

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Mar 19, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When I stop the flow it's started to flash P5. Sometimes it's P5 and others it's the normal de. Also noticed the flow is not constant at the moment, lots of coughing and spluttering, then it clears and then starts spluttering again.

Pump on it's way out?

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

are you sure its not ps which is pressure switch

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

do you have a strainer before it? might want clearing out, could be blocking water flow to the pump?

might be loads of other reasons to though i guess

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Could be PS. I looked it up in the manual and it said wires could be loose. I got a strainer but there is no room to fit it before pump (trolley). Will take pump apart and clean.

@ Mr shine, manual did say pressure switch. Not get a clue where or how to sort it.

Thanks lads.

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

maybe the pressure switch could be gone which isnt expensive , also might be worth trying to reset the calibration , now im now expert ,hopefully some of the more experienced lads will be of help

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Tuffers- my flow controller would mostly flash ps now instead of de, whenever flow stops, sometimes will flash de.. Very very very rarely would I get the spurting bit and I just turn flow off for a few seconds then turn on again and it's fine, so must just be a bit of air somewhere?

I haven't a clue about it either :)

Advertisement