Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paid in front

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Hi I'm working on a project and just need a bit of feedback.

Do you ever get payments for next time?

I have 1 customer who pays in front but that's it so just want to know if that's the norm or not

I have 1 customer who pays as soon as they receive the text to say I'm cleaning windows tomorrow. Another who sometimes pays for the current clean and next one - they pay cash and sometimes don't have a £5 so pay for this and next clean at once (I do carry change so £5 change isn't an issue).

As long as a customer pays I am happy!!! :)

Hi I'm working on a project and just need a bit of feedback.

Do you ever get payments for next time?

I have 1 customer who pays in front but that's it so just want to know if that's the norm or not
We have a few customers that live abroad and have holiday homes here they pay 12 months in advance , personally I don’t like that as I then owe them , but at least I don’t have to keep an eye on payments from them . Other than that ones either pay by dd on the same date each month or pay after the clean has been done .

I have one customer who pays 12 cleans in advance and another two that will give me between £50-150 the second two can run up a bill of about £50 but I know I will always get paid as money is never an issue, for me, these 3 show a lot of trust and faith in me to pay upfront as they do it's better than chasing up debt

Happens now and again. As above it feels like your working for nothing next time. I tend not to let them. Have one who pays for the full year every January. Another 2 have asked if they could pay for the year but I said it wasn't ideal incase weather held us back etc

It's not the norm but it isn't totally unusual. Personally hate it as when I turn up to do the job it doesn't feel like I'm making anything.
Have a few that pay in advance for 2-3 cleans in front with another i was offered a year advance but was dubious that she would i get what you mean regards feeling like your working diddly squat on the advance paid. Just keep records of whos owes and whos paid upfront or they can try run rings crafty custy

I have one customer who has paid for the year up front. Because I do several more on the street am not too concerned, but would not like too many doing so. Too much temptation blowing it.

I get payed ahead for certain holiday homes. When it used to be paid in cash, It used to get on my nerves the next month when It felt I was doing work for nothing. But now the money goes straight in the bank and I keep to my diary, and it doesn't bother me doing it now. I can see the money in the bank.

How would it work getting paid a year in advance if you need to raise the price, if inflation takes off to 20 percent or something horrendous?

Back