Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paid in front

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just let the customer who pays you upfront for the year have it at that price for the year. All other new starts during that year pay the new increased price if you need to increase. Put up that customer in year 2 if it needs to happen.

Hi I'm working on a project and just need a bit of feedback.

Do you ever get payments for next time?

I have 1 customer who pays in front but that's it so just want to know if that's the norm or not
One chap pays as soon as I say I’ll be there tomorrow morning. I’d rather have that any day of the week than having to hound someone for two weeks for a payment (like I do every month with one of my customers).

One chap pays as soon as I say I’ll be there tomorrow morning. I’d rather have that any day of the week than having to hound someone for two weeks for a payment (like I do every month with one of my customers).
Quite right. I understand the sense of working for nothing but that's just how our minds work. All that matters is being paid. Getting knocked for your money - now that's when it becomes a problem

Hi I'm working on a project and just need a bit of feedback.

Do you ever get payments for next time?

I have 1 customer who pays in front but that's it so just want to know if that's the norm or not
Hello
No most pay after completion.
My customers all commercial (I only do 1 very large house) pay after work done except 2 who pay monthly standing order and 1 pays 6 monthly.

Hi I have some who pay for a year had one today who done that . They say they then don’t have to worry about paying and they say if I have to put the price up in the year just let them know and they will pay the difference for the year .

How would it work getting paid a year in advance if you need to raise the price, if inflation takes off to 20 percent or something horrendous?
You by accepting the full in-advance payment from the customer are creating a legal contract. You are to do the same work to the same standard each time, for the agreed number of times for the year. However, even though a contract has been created by doing this, there is nothing preventing you from conducting a simple contract review anytime in the future - if you and the customer both agree new work/pricing or whatever then the new contract is binding not your initial one. If the customer does not agree to any change, and does not accept any money back you just have to compete the full years work as initially agreed otherwise you would be in breach of contract. The 'way out' is prevention . . . at the start simply say subject to change or subject to review, better still is 'Subject to availability such that work not done will be refunded'. Always get things in writing/text so there is no shenanigans by anyone - life is then easy !!!

Back