Paid listings on google.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by SolarPanelCleaning, Sep 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Just had a call from a company trying to flog paid listings on google. I later'd them. Has anyone tried this? Was it worth it?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

If it's Ebs marketing stay well away!

3. cheapncheerful

i like to listen to them with all their spiel and then after quarter of an hour say...oh sorry ...i am too busy ring back next year..:rolleyes:

4. abs

abs Guru

Bear in mind that some of these companies are genuine and to get usually in the first page on Google for business' s you do have to pay

5. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

I'd expect you to get a much better return on investment by getting your website SEO'd & naturally on page one,...

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

#6 Gav, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Its most likely a scam. I used to have calls all the time, a guy would call me from "google" telling me he has reviewed my site and that they can work with us in getting it to number one. in listings. Every time i would have to say " if your from google and have reviewed my site then you would know i am number one in search results for our area bye bye"!!! They try it all the time. Even had a guy from "yellow pages" telling me to go to a web address then click allow access so they could create me a free ad! Don't be fooled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement