Pain In The Harris

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Aug 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Was using the Harris pole for windows yesterday and cleaning pvcs today and it's really pee'd me off, clamps are annoying, the sections spin, and if I tighten the clamps til the sections don't spin, then it takes me 10 minutes trying to un screw them and close pole down!! Last pvc job i felt like taking brush off and leaving the pole in the street. Is I couldn't loosen the clamp! Sections don't slide out great either.. Think a clx 18 will be much better

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol love the title, I get pi**ed off with mine as well I'm going to get a slx or clx I'm using my Harris a lot now never seem to use my 36'

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i love how you guys have these problems, i have had mine for a while and never have a problem.
    the problems with the twist lock ones is make sure u neve over tighten them as this will wear the clamps out a lot quicker than normal.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

My clamps always give me hassle and if I have wet hand I have no chance of putting them up and down

5. mark m

mark m Hero

i thought you brought a clx 27

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer thats the problem with them once they are over tighten from the start then they wont last long atall, then you have to keep tighten them up even more,

7. harunh

harunh Legend

I might make a harris pole

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Are they different now or something, mines exactly the same and I even put a drop of oil on em but still same.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

oil is the worst thing to put on, that would never grip on the pole!

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Oil is greasy as ! :| hate greasy hands lol

Advertisement