Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift vs Gardiners! Where would you spend your money?

Where would you put your money?

• Facelift Phoenix Mk II 'X' Carbon - 25ft - £270 plus Vat (No brush or neck)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Dorset show should be good for some. You will be able to use the poles side by side and see which ones come out on top (ease of use, lightness, rigidity, etc) will be a very interesting day for those attending.

Shame it is too far for me (from Nottingham)

But on a serious note Stephen how do you justify your pole being £30 more with no brush head or neck? After all I assume the materials (carbon etc) are pretty similar and I should imagine you both manufacture in similar quantities.

@Stephen Fox are you the maker of exceed? I was going to buy the slx 25 as I luv Gardiners but I need some persuading to switch to another make pole but I can't get down to dorset so I can only go on what reviews there are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I'm hearing about is the simpole and how it's 3k carbon and it's the best in the world but it has the Alan key clamps [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

@Green

The slx22 will reach some third floor, but depends on the set up of the house. Some have higher floors than others.

25 footer to be safe if you need a lot of 3rd storeys.

the thing is gardners have bin around for years ( tryed an tested) facelift !!! not so shore my pheonix x only lasted 1 year so a neon up grade seems like a waste of cash no 3 brush or gose neck eather maby b liter than a extreme but wont last i can just c it

That geeza that sells the simpole is doing my sweed in!!!!

Well it is decided, my money will goto Gardiners.

It was decided as 14 of you voted for Gardiners.

It was also decided as WCWs rep posted twice on this thread and still didnt place a vote for his own product.

How do I know that? The Facelift received zero votes! (Perhaps we should enter it for the Eurovision)

I've got two facelift poles, both the Phoenix x, but I only got them because I get a good deal at a local supplier,

I voted gardiner (I have a gardiner slx35) because it's cheaper and you get the whole lot - brush goose neck etc,

I don't understand why facelift dont compete on price, I would never buy a facelift pole had it not been for my local supplier giving me a good deal.

Stephen - Why don't they throw in a free brush?

Also I'm still waiting for the weight of this new 'badger brush' on wcw...!

I've said it so many times before, I like the facelift products but they have GOT to start learning how to market effectively and start doing videos, better product info, and more competitive pricing.

I asked on Twitter about the badger brush, to no avail, this is annoying, wcw need to start looking after there customer base, it's the only way they will win over all of us lot,

14 votes to nil says it all really. It's a shame because competition is only a good thing for the window cleaning industry...

I've got two facelift poles, both the Phoenix x, but I only got them because I get a good deal at a local supplier,
I voted gardiner (I have a gardiner slx35) because it's cheaper and you get the whole lot - brush goose neck etc,

I don't understand why facelift dont compete on price, I would never buy a facelift pole had it not been for my local supplier giving me a good deal.

I've said it so many times before, I like the facelift products but they have GOT to start learning how to market effectively and start doing videos, better product info, and more competitive pricing.

I asked on Twitter about the badger brush, to no avail, this is annoying, wcw need to start looking after there customer base, it's the only way they will win over all of us lot,

14 votes to nil says it all really. It's a shame because competition is only a good thing for the window cleaning industry...
I asked them a few weeks ago about the weight of the badger brush and they said it weighs 360g . Far too heavy when there are excellent brushes out there now the weight over 100g less.

The price just isnt competitive with gardiners no free brush etc. They have no other selling point to choose it over the gardiners so surely they should be competing on price. I was looking at them too but too expensive so went for slx

intresting replies,i have just bought another slx 22 as a stop gap till i decide on the pole i really would like,defitnatley not a simpole,not the new phoenix as it doesn't have an insulated base section-same as the simpole

exceed hhhmmmmm too early to tell as to how long they last,may just import a couple of the chinese ones to keep me going and sell the slx

I bought slx22 on Wednesday, I have not used it so cannot say.Feel lighter and less bendy.Now holiday for over 2 weeks so no chance to use it.

Jake, our poles are 100% carbon where the Gardiners SLX is not. That will account for a price different between poles. This is an interesting poll according this forum you would think we sell no poles, which couldn't be further from the truth. We sell 1000's of the Phoenix range, it has proved to be one of our best selling products. The general feedback is our clamps are far easier and nicer to use the what is currently on the market and this is what gives them an edge.

Badger is 375g fully tubed up, website updated.

Y

Jake, our poles are 100% carbon where the Gardiners SLX is not. That will account for a price different between poles. This is an interesting poll according this forum you would think we sell no poles, which couldn't be further from the truth. We sell 1000's of the Phoenix range, it has proved to be one of our best selling products. The general feedback is our clamps are far easier and nicer to use the what is currently on the market and this is what gives them an edge.
Badger is 375g fully tubed up, website updated.
Yeah I'm perfectly happy with the facelif poles, but I think there overpriced, however as said I get a good deal from a local supplier.

I love the clamps Stephen, so much so I even sent a video to Mr gardiner showing how good they were, and he then put a YouTube video up showing me how to use his poles! I do think gardiner give the better information and marketing, it's something wcw can improve on greatly,

I think both facelift and gardener poles are superb, but id like to see the facelift poles come down a tad on price...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I've seen Alexs' video so your the Jake he refers to! Been meaning to email Alex on demonstrating the new 'twisting' method when collapsing a fully extended pole, should be interesting. /emoticons/smile.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock