Parrafin heater

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by joe34, Dec 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

I think the temperature is going to drop very soon below freezing and I've found a brand new paraffin heater in my garage.

I was thinking about sticking it on a low burn when it gets really cold over night in the back of the van just to keep the temp above, I cant see how it would catch anything a light or is this a stupid idea?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Will probaly create a lot of fumes and water vapour in a closed up van but the water drpping down from the roof could put out any risk of fire I suppose.:D

3. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking it will stink in the morning

4. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Do you use a heater of any kind

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry I should have said I've never tried one so don't know if it's a bad idea or not ;)

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have in the past used electric heaters stat controlled to trigger to come on if it goes below freezing in the back of the van if it's really bad or rather just tend to either bring venerable bits into the house or cover them up with an old bed quilt or two and hope for the best.

7. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

That's not a bad idea ,last year was really mild and wet so I didn't have to bother and before that all my work was done on the ladder.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

One year it was so bad I did not work for six weeks and took me ******* ages to thaw a block of 250 ltrs of pure water ice from the van tank. Oops! I will have to remeber for next time to drain the tank too.:D

9. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

6 weeks jesus hope we are not in for a winter like that..was that in the last few years?

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

heat rises, youd be better to put that stove under your van where itd do some good.
    in the States and Canada where it gets really cold thats what they do

Advertisement