Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good evening fellow visual technicians. My battery is started giving me jip, anyone know of anywhere doing good offers at the moment on leisure batteries?

Mine is 130ah from Halfords. 

Does just sound. 

As for the battery warranty @spruce......  LIE!  

'It was in my camper van officer, honest'

No way that can tell otherwise. 

I'm sure that's what many would do. But I wouldn't as I don't believe that's the right thing to do. I try to live my life as honestly as possible. I know the risk and I'm prepared to live with it as far as Numax is concerned.

As long as the battery's charge is maintained then there shouldn't be a problem. We have our batteries on a split charge relay but as we don't do much mileage they are bench charged every second night on average and every night in winter. That process has worked for us over the years.

Charged mine last night until around 8pm. The green light on my numax charger was on so fully charged. 

Started work this morning 12.7, then after 2 and half hours graft it’s 12.2 already.

To be fair it’s around 3 years old so can’t complain 

Charged mine last night until around 8pm. The green light on my numax charger was on so fully charged. 
Started work this morning 12.7, then after 2 and half hours graft it’s 12.2 already.
To be fair it’s around 3 years old so can’t complain 

Just replaced mine, bought a Numax XV31MF 110AH off eBay, good price £89.50. Charge it once at the beginning of the week and sees me through easy.

I use halfords 70ah batteries as they are easy to get hold off when a battery dies, Mine gets charged every night now as i have had it since last december and i wont allow the voltage drop below 12.5v as advised by Spruce 

Just replaced mine, bought a Numax XV31MF 110AH off eBay, good price £89.50. Charge it once at the beginning of the week and sees me through easy.

Once a battery starts to drop below 50% charged you are hammering its longevity.  So really, you only have 55 amps of useable capacity. The rest is for emergency use only. :1f609:

A Shurflo pump draws around 4.5 amps an hour with a controller, so a full charge only gives you 12 pumping hours. A leisure battery also doesn't like to be standing long in a state of low charge - it sulphates up and the result is a loss in battery capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Once a battery starts to drop below 50% charged you are hammering its longevity.  So really, you only have 55 amps of useable capacity. The rest is for emergency use only. :1f609:

A Shurflo pump draws around 4.5 amps an hour with a controller, so a full charge only gives you 12 pumping hours. A leisure battery also doesn't like to be standing long in a state of low charge - it sulphates up and the result is a loss in battery capacity.

Thanks but I know this

I'm starting to think I may be over thinking charging my 80ah battery looking at this as I charge it every night as I'm worried shitless it will run flat in the middle of a job!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There's nothing wrong with the word 'flat'.

Again, you can't go wrong by charging your battery every night. For the battery to serve you well, keeping it fully charged is a good starting point.

As posted, a Shurflo pump with controller will use around 4.5 amps of current an hour. So you have 9 hours of working time available. Yes you can dip into the bottom 50% of charge, but your battery will not last as long.

We estimate that on average actually washing windows takes about 50% of our days activities on a normal residential compact round. The rest of the time is taken up with other duties associated with window cleaning, ie; wiping sills, doing paperwork, packing away and setting up at the next clean. On the days we do patchy work then its much less than that.

So the max our pumps will run is 3 hours if we work a 6 hour day. So for us we could get away with charging our battery every 2 or 3 days as we also have a 110 leisure battery, but with 2 of us working from the same van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back