patter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by chip, Mar 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chip

chip Guru

whenever i'm quoting a price for someone, esp if we're looking at over 15 quid, i always try and comment on how nice their house or garden, dog whatever. just a bit of psychology to break the ice and relax the atmos. i don't tell them how great i'll do the job, might even joke about making a mess! do you guys try anything to ease the moment or just hit them?

Advertisement
  2. Oh yes, my wife had previously worked for a genius of a man who could sell snow to the eskimos! Use all those tricks - comment on the house, nice weather, we clean your neighbours house etc etc etc. Always staying upbeat and ridiculously happy without looking crazy! I will tell them how I do the job as a lot of the previous window cleaners aren't doing the frames or sills, plus I tell them about wfp.

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Yea I don't think you can underestimate politeness and friendliness, especially when quoting. I've had a number of customers comment (a few months down the line) that they appreciate my friendliness as the last WC was a misery.

I'll just make general conversation, as well as explain WFP etc, and if it's in my town, tell them where I live, they like that, knowing your local.

4. Couldn't agree more, it's surprising how much being local helps. So much so we've had "Contact your local family run business" on the side of our van & car. Not sure how that will work if we start going further a field!!

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

HSBC call themselves 'the world's local bank'- no reason you can't be the world's local window cleaner! lol

6. Ha ha brilliant! Good point well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. James

James Guru

Yes have to agree, being local really does help.

I don't think I should be on the forums when trying to learn in my web design class :/ hmm

8. Rebel!, where you doing your course? What sort of things are you covering?

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

LOL of course you should! ;)

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

Definitely important to build up a rapport with people, especially at the early stages. I always get nervous when meeting new clients so I crack a few one-liners to break the ice as well. Once people have warmed to you, they'll naturally want to see you again.

Advertisement