Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

patter

chip

whenever i'm quoting a price for someone, esp if we're looking at over 15 quid, i always try and comment on how nice their house or garden, dog whatever. just a bit of psychology to break the ice and relax the atmos. i don't tell them how great i'll do the job, might even joke about making a mess! do you guys try anything to ease the moment or just hit them?

Yea I don't think you can underestimate politeness and friendliness, especially when quoting. I've had a number of customers comment (a few months down the line) that they appreciate my friendliness as the last WC was a misery.

I'll just make general conversation, as well as explain WFP etc, and if it's in my town, tell them where I live, they like that, knowing your local.

Yes have to agree, being local really does help.

I don't think I should be on the forums when trying to learn in my web design class /emoticons/unsure.png hmm

Yes have to agree, being local really does help.

I don't think I should be on the forums when trying to learn in my web design class /emoticons/unsure.png hmm
LOL of course you should! /emoticons/wink.png

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Definitely important to build up a rapport with people, especially at the early stages. I always get nervous when meeting new clients so I crack a few one-liners to break the ice as well. Once people have warmed to you, they'll naturally want to see you again.

Just in my local college at Stafford. Covering HTML 5, it's alrite I guess lol. Forum addiction ftw.

Just in my local college at Stafford. Covering HTML 5, it's alrite I guess lol. Forum addiction ftw.
It's good stuff isn't it. HTML5 is soooo much better. They've taken out a lot of the old rubbish and letting CSS do it's stuff. The way forward!

Back