Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Icb 1000 L Tank In The Back Of The House In Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

Guys I cant fit the tank into my house, its HUGE, so its agains my wall at the back of the house. HOW do you insulate it for winter, how do you stop it from freezing.

I was thinking of buying a wooden shed and chucking it in there.

any other ideas or experience?

We have a couple of cleaners that have their r/o's inside and their tanks outside without any insulation. They are black though. We live in the North East of England, so I guess London area is a little warmer.

Actually, the one started off with a 1000 l IBC tank. One of the things that a couple have done is to paint the tank in a dark colour to stop the sunlight getting in and turning the water green. Before painting, run a strip of 1/2" wide masking tape on a visible side from top to bottom. Once painted, remove the masking tape. This will leave a clear gauge line down the side so you can see how full the tank is.

Spruce

My plans to build a shed round a couple and keep a greenhouse heater in there for real cold weather, good idea with loft insulation though I got some of that as well so I know what to do with it now.

Back