Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

paul

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

paul barlow

Hi everyone ,

Can anyone give me any advice on buying a window cleaning round.

i have found a round i am interested in , but not sure what to do next as to the purchasing of it .

i am a bit worried of being scammed , how do i make sure it is a real round with real customers ,

i am going to work the round for a month with the owner , but how do i make sure the round will be genuine and the customers will want cleaning next month.

hope this makes sense .

any advice !

thanks paul..

I have never personally bought a round. If I were you however I would go round window cleaning with the seller and allow him to introduce you to the customers in person. Also state that he is passing on the round to you rather than you buying it (some customers might not like the idea of being viewed as a 'commodity' to buy & sell on).

Firstly, he should have detailed records of when/how often each house has been cleaned.

Secondly, when he introduces you and explains to the customer that you're taking over you'll get to see how they react. Most people just want their Windows cleaned by someone decent and honest. You're not marrying their daughter :1f609:

I sub a bit of work off another windy off here who is local

I never had a problem as the first time round i knocked each door before cleaning and just said "hiya I'm cleaning the windows for #### ..Just knocking so you don't think who is this guy prowling round my house"

Every single one has been fine with it as they just want their windows cleaned

As long as you do the round with them to see it is legit you won't have a problem 

Like cookie says don't tell them you are buying it just say you will be cleaning them for him as he is too busy and needs help to get it done

After 2 cleans it will be seen as the norm you doing it

I am on the 3rd go on the subbed round and everyone just says hello and acts as if i am their windie now

Back