Pay load for 800lt system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by joe34, Sep 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Just looking for a new van what do you think the minimum I could get away for a 800lt system? 1200kg?

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

NO -

800ltr tank = 800 kilos

14 St. Driver = 88kg
    MK5 Transit Standard Fuel tank 80 liters = 80kg

Sandwiches and bottle of drink = 2 kilos

100 meters of hose and reel 25 kg

Thats 995 KG already, give a lift to a couple of chunky mates and your already past capacity.

See how fast it starts to really build up?

Instead of buying a van then looking for a system, I would first calculate the system, and all accessories etc that I want then see which vans are suited to the task.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You'd be fine, just about!

I run around 900kg with a 989 payload, and have pushed it to over a tonne with no issues, just carful driving, I'd have thought 1200kg is just about manageable if your not doing any motorway driving with a full tank...

4. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake much appreciated ,just another question I see your van in the video looks good! What did you use to waterproof the back?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I used waterproof paint firm screwfix!

Yeah I think you'll be fine with payload, just don't put loads of stuff in the van, just carry what you need and no more, also run low fuel, I just put 15 litres in at a time - so only 15kg of fuel

If doing a longer journey, just don't have a full tank..., but even then I still think you'll be within the limit

Advertisement