Pay pal need a complete idiots guide!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Jun 10, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

:huh: Is there anyone out there who could give me a complete idiots guide to setting up pay pal as a option for my custies as many of them seem really interested but im at a loss!!! i do have a pay pal account i assume this helps get the ball rolling?
    If not could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? im **** with computers. would be really greatfull :heart: (very girly, i know! lol)

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I would recommend Bank transfer or standing order,It cost nothing to give them an invoice with your sort code/account number and a reference to know they paid

3. There is a paypal post somewhere which gives you the formula. All you needto do is cut and paste it (change company name and e-mail to the one you use on your paypal account) then pass it to your web host who can implement it.
    I did this and it works a treat but be warned, as nearly says, it is not cheap![hr]
    Kars,
    I made a comment on the paypal post soit isat the top of the chat topics. You should spot it easily

4. kars

kars Guest

Thanks guys..

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I used to use Paypal, but have changed over to bank transfer - so much cheaper, and you get the funds immediately.

Had one contract pay £600 by paypal - they took nearly £20 and then it took another 5 days to transfer to my bank account.

Dave

6. kars

kars Guest

for bank transfers Is that where i give them my sort code and acc no to customers? I take it they would be able to have some sort of ref on it so i knew who it came from?

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Yes - normally when they set it up their bank website lets them put a reference by the payee - I get mine to put "Window Cleaning 123" where "123" is the unique reference number I have given them. that way they know they have paid, and it shows up on my statement with the reference number so I can update my records.

8. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

I agree with FlipFast. It is much more easier and cheaper with bank transfer.. PayPal is not so effective anymore, I think they should make some changes and improve their systems :lol:

9. kars

kars Guest

thats a shame as im getting positive feed back from customers about using it :huh:

10. I set my one up recently and tested it by payinf £1. The amount that went into my account of that £1 was 77 pence!!!!

I realise that the deductions will almost certainly reduce as the amount goes up ut even so, it is a rip off.

Bank transfer is so much easier and instant.

Advertisement