Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many squeegees is right for you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Interesting, most ppl seem to use more than one at least, i speant at least 15 years using an unmodified regular unger 14" :eek:

After losing a couple squeegees latly as i said ive been forced to use my 18" a lot more and to be honest after a full day of trad today and 50-50 wfp and trad all week i think its all i need, ive been z techniquing and its a good option as u leavoe a lot of swirl lines using modified tools or liquidator when fanning, when u z tech u just leave a 'tick' in the middle of the glass on one side, that kind of detaining ids quick and z tech is fast, fanning down tall glass takes quite a while and lots of potential trails and stuff. I dont want loads of squeegees anymore, if an 18" cant fit its getting a damp cloth dry cloth. Best thing is wfp for perfect results

Interesting, most ppl seem to use more than one at least, i speant at least 15 years using an unmodified regular unger 14" :eek:
After losing a couple squeegees latly as i said ive been forced to use my 18" a lot more and to be honest after a full day of trad today and 50-50 wfp and trad all week i think its all i need, ive been z techniquing and its a good option as u leavoe a lot of swirl lines using modified tools or liquidator when fanning, when u z tech u just leave a 'tick' in the middle of the glass on one side, that kind of detaining ids quick and z tech is fast, fanning down tall glass takes quite a while and lots of potential trails and stuff. I dont want loads of squeegees anymore, if an 18" cant fit its getting a damp cloth dry cloth. Best thing is wfp for perfect results
That's interesting about the 'Z' method P/paul, which I occasionally use myself, but lately I am doing a lot of straight-down blading, which I find eliminates the curvy lines, and it's so easy to do.

That's interesting about the 'Z' method P/paul, which I occasionally use myself, but lately I am doing a lot of straight-down blading, which I find eliminates the curvy lines, and it's so easy to do.
Yeah the curvy lines left by liquidators are annoying at least and i dont think ppl generally notice but its less than perfect, but a z technique means no curvy lines, just a directional change mark that usuallly fades to nothing and a tickaround the middle of the glass.

Yeah the curvy lines left by liquidators are annoying at least and i dont think ppl generally notice but its less than perfect, but a z technique means no curvy lines, just a directional change mark that usuallly fades to nothing and a tickaround the middle of the glass.
i found that them direction change mark fades but when the sun is out u can c them from the inside i found using pro soap defo helps the r then hardly there just very faint

Yenh, ive not had any complaits so its not really noticable but its there, sometimes i see them when i start a house, one house i did yesterday i do inside and out and i could see the swirl lines on the inside when doing the outside, the z tachnique is working better for me on the long vertical rectangular windows now

Those ticks and swirls are inavoidable, nice to see your wgalator there dave, when u use that do u find the pad give u enough scrubability? Im still thinking of using mine again. Did u modify a boab to carry it like wagga?

For insides when i need it i just carry the bucket round the house with me

No water in it. .just a way to carry it

I rarely use it now but i can put it in the metal hammer loop on my tool belt if tradding and seeing as i use a bottle to wet it it is never wet enough to drip down my leg

If using it regularly i would have to dig my boab out and use that

I just cut a slot like wagga and it's fine

The scrubber is fine for maintenance jobs

I carry 14" wagtail modded, great for that extra reach.

12"

10"

6"

also do wfp and now doing a lot of bottoms with it, great not using as many cloths, but could do with more space for barrels.

I still trad a lot and quite honestly I could probably make do with my 14" Wagulator for 95% of my work. Why the hell I carry 10,16,and 18 around in my car I have no idea AND I've just ordered 12 and 22 Liquidators...totally obsessive compulsive methinks... /emoticons/smile.png
Now ive got a 22 & 12 liquidator i think they are the perfect combo, im using others too, but if i could only have two squeegees it would be a 12" & 22"

Use 6, 10, 12, 14 all unger and an 8 mix n match I put together 10 years ago. You guys that use 18 and 22s what are they like for fanning, bombing?

Its just nice faning with 18'' specially garden doors, up and down, done, move to next /emoticons/biggrin.png

Btw i use sorbo channels as they are stable and almost bullet proof when it comes to turn marks, really hard to screw it up with at sorbo

over the years bought so many squeegee,s different makes

it,s such a pity they dont take all the same rubbers

my favourite 6" and 14" use these all the time also 18" wagtail use it for shops when pole is needed

I am the same with my 12" wagulator1 size fits all

Now i only trad odds and sods that is all i carry in the motor and a bottle of solution

No bucket..no other squeegees. .no applicator
funny davie get rid off all your trad gear

i even got rid off roof rack got short triple in van

I am keeping my trad gear..when the boy comes out with me he's gotta use something and it ain't my wfp lol

Eventually I'll make a 2 man setup in the van once sorted..only needs 2nd pump etc and doing it diy

These people who pay a fortune for a van mount or trolley must be mental once you know what goes into it

you know them scrims you mentioned couple months back

got say about ten now great buy

any way came in handy the day inside shop front bank had them free hanging plastic advertising on ,the guys fitting them had finger marks all over then and round glass could,int use any water !! out came the microfibre sqirt of ubik hayho minutes spot on job done do find the microfibre cloths bang on so handy for many jobs

Someone posted a link back along where they bought fish scale microfibers direct from factory I need to buy some but can't find link

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back