Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What the hell?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

So we clean this massive new estate, which easily doubled the size of the village its attached to, have maybe 50 customers on there, well they have their own little local facebook page that I have been a member of for about a year.

Never mentioned the window cleaning or anything but recently started posting helpful posts about life in the area etc.

Well last night I posted that we were expanding our window cleaning in the area and if anyone knows anyone who would like their house adding to the round to let us know, that was at about 5pm, I then sat until midnight talking to new customers and 2 hours this morning.

16 new window cleaning customers, 3 pressure washing jobs, 4 conservatories and maybe 10 that asked to be messeged but haven't got back yet or are asking wifes/husbands etc

Have one lady who runs the local child care place that is going to hand out our business cards to parents.

I am not entirely sure what I have done here, but I wish I could figure it out and repeat it! (actually I don't, I have no idea when I am going to do this pressure washing and conservatories........ help me)

Also worth pointing out the area is bloody lovely, the people are all brillian,t and always happy to see you, never complain, always leave gates open, pay on time etc, its easily our favourite place to clean!

That's exactly what happened to me with 1 particular area on facebook

It was built a few years ago on green belt land at the side of my town

They have always been considered and act like they are seperate from the town as there is i road in and out of the area so it is seperate

I got in there by doing a job for the woman who started the community facebook group who recommended i get on there

With hers and subsequent recommendations from customers up there it now makes at least 2 3rds of my whole customer base

I regularly just chat on their facebook groups and now everyone knows me as the windie in that area

That's exactly what happened to me with 1 particular area on facebookIt was built a few years ago on green belt land at the side of my town

They have always been considered and act like they are seperate from the town as there is i road in and out of the area so it is seperate

I got in there by doing a job for the woman who started the community facebook group who recommended i get on there

With hers and subsequent recommendations from customers up there it now makes at least 2 3rds of my whole customer base

I regularly just chat on their facebook groups and now everyone knows me as the windie in that area
Yeah this is the same, separate entrances, even have two separate schools.

Just amazing reaction though, normally facebook is like a dribble of work, this was just a complete flood, I literally sat for hours even eating my dinner chatting to new customers.

Just amazing reaction though, normally facebook is like a dribble of work, this was just a complete flood, I literally sat for hours even eating my dinner chatting to new customers.
Well done!

Good position to be in - wondering how to fit all the new work in - better then wondering how to pay the rent at the end of the month!

I was the first windie on a new build estate, probably only 30 houses. The first house I picked up was for the woman who ran the local faecesbook page. She said that she would put me on as the recommended cleaner. Woohoo I thought, until she claimed that I scratched her sill with my brush. She said unless I can offer traditional cleaning she will have to go elsewhere. So I let her go elsewhere. I don't think I'm the recommended windy anymore :laugh:

Face book is also going great the last two weeks,and think it's because I have actually bothered to get up and post each morning and in the evening.I'm normally very lazy with it and moan its cr*p lol

Being serious, there are a couple of very poor trad guys, there was an old boy who has retired who used to charge like 50p a house or something stupid and there is a chap comes from Worcester who is Polish that no one likes.

A bit similar story I spoke to a guy last week from castleford he was just starting out and asking for advice about how to do WFP properly so I told him!! I dropped him a msg other day to ask how it's going and he says yeah good I've got over 100 jobs...I thought bull He said he'd got them all off Facebook so had a little look at his page!! He wasn't tellin porkies 65 comments on one post asking for cleans and 40 on another! Last time I posted somet in the group on Facebook I got two replies lol

Lucky sod

I have been using facebook for a long time and never get much more than a dribble, this is one of those once in a blue moon type of things.

Latest Posts

Back