paypal card reader

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Oct 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Do any of you use the paypal card reader for payments?

I think it could a good idea and time saver for when customers say they havent it on them so i can just say oh thats fine im sure you have a card i can take it via my new fancy card reader lol

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I don't have a card reader but I did start taking paypal as a method of payment, but on a £15 job they take nearly £2, paypal can kiss my ass lol

3. steve hawing

Do you have it on your website for them to click and pay that way?
    i know the fees can seem high but depending on customer/location might be cheaper and less hassle to just get the payment there and then and no chasing it

I havent gotten round to even getting a website done up yet must get on that actually

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Just get people to pay bacs, no fees, and anyone can do it (well some old people can't, but ya know what I mean)

5. steve hawing

Without wanting to sound stupid but what exactly is bacs?

Do i just give them my sort code and account number and they can transfer online banking? is this instant or have ya to wait a few days for it?

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

I think for on the door card payment the cheepest option is izettle ( see link 1). the unit is free of charge and has a fee of 2.75% per transaction and like manny shops you could pass that on to the customer. Attached is a link(see link 2) comparing the various options that you may prefer. good luck with whatever method you decide. best of luck.
    https://www.izettle.com/gb/pricing
    http://www.mobiletransaction.org/paypal-here-review/

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

Yep, sort code and account number, don't know how long it takes to clear. go careless is good also if you run a regular round see link https://gocardless.com/features/

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Bascs has always been instant for me and I would say 75% of my customers pay that way.

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I did yes, but its long gone, I do have someone who pays me paypal to my phone but they do it as a relative or whatever the box is you tick so no fees.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Paypal fees are around 5% with their charges etc. How you are paying £2 on a £15 transaction I do not know Diwrnach, only thing i can surmise is that you are set up as an individual and not a business on your Paypal account. Change this to business, it is free to do so.

The biggest scam Paypal has is selling you the card reader, YOU DONT NEED IT!

All you need to do is download the App 'PAYPAL HERE' and link it to your Paypal account. When you want to use the app you need to have on 'Mobile data' 'Location /GPS' and 'Bluetooth' The app will spend a few seconds trying to bluetooth to a reader, then it will say failed, just ignore this and you can input all the information into you phone directly just like they do in the shops if your chip and pin dont work. Just type in the long card number, expiry date and CVC code on the back, you also need the postcode for the customer.

Download to your phone and give it a try with the wifes debit card :))
    But no need for a reader and if you still want one I have 2 for sale £20 each.

Advertisement