paypal

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by john39, Mar 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

hi guys. im wanting to setup a paypal account to receive my wages, I heard from a customer that paypal can freeze your money, and keep it from u. this happen to any of u guys?

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

They can do if there's a dispute, usually happens on eBay. No such issues with BACS (bank transfer) though.

3. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

so should be ok with custys?

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I had an option for customers to pay with paypal, and for some it was perfect and convenient for others it was just another excuse to say oh yes i will pay via paypal and never actually do it. I never had any problem with paypal though. Just remember you will be charge a fee from paypal when you receive money.

5. TolishAPurd

Chargebacks are a problm on ebay, but very unlikely to happen with a customer. The chargeback will only happen on the one transaction, so if an average clean is a tenner, its not really a problem.

I've got paypal on my site: http://www.armstrongwindowcleaning.co.uk/online-payment.html Its super convenient, and saves me from ever having to collect money. No complaints so far.

6. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

7. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

paypal reserve the right to freeze your account for 180 days (its in there terms and conditions), this is not just for the one transaction this is all the money in your account meaning you cannot send or withdraw and they do not release the funds until 180 days have expired and after that they only let you withdraw the funds through the bank account that is linked to the paypal account, its a absolute nightmare if it happens and to answer your original question yes it has happened to me about 5 years ago when i used to sell snug boots on fleabay .... im back on there now though and use it for my round and for window cleaning its perfect minus the fee's, you should check out go cardless aswell thats good if you can get your customers to sign up to it

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've had issues with ppl not getting around to paying and can be a nightmare dealing manly with landlords as for some reason or another I'm always chasing payment even with bank transfers. So now is strictly cash on completion on the day or the job doesn't get done.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I almost got to that point with a few. To be fair the majority of my custys were great, it was just the odd few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most of my work is booked in when ppl are home so I don't have a problem usually getting paid straight away. It has only been recently that I've offered private landlord other means to pay especially the ones that don't live in the same area as me. Those are the ones that generally mess me about so now I'm in two minds to either not take the job on or make arrangements that the tenant pays the bill then claims it back from the landlord instead.

Advertisement