Pencil jets or fan jets?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Nov 8, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I currently use pencil jets with my wfp. I have tried fan jets but the shurflo pump didn't seem to have enough pressure to create a decent fan with the fan jet.

What do you guys use?

Can anyone recommend a good fan jet brush that is lite or a dual brush with both types of jets?

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

Never used fan jets, I figure if something aint broke don't fix it.
    I see no way a fan jet would quicken my clean, and I very rarely get complaints so no need to change.
    If in your research you find it's better in your opinion then let me know surely.
    I figured pressure would be a problem though.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

i Use fan jets all the time now. Took me a while to get used to them and adjust the way i clean/rinse but i really like them saves me a lot of time and water especialy on glass the beads rather than sheets the water.

I use the ones from Gardiner pole systems and put them in my superlite brushes just have to drill the hole bigger.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Fans for me too, they suit the way I clean

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Pencil jets are quicker overall for maintenance cleans.

Richard

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I fancy trying them, but have never used fan jets myself. Heard they are more prone to getting blocked?.

7. chip

chip Guru

now using pencils, used fans for 2 and half yrs. never had a prob with blockage but have also heard that, can get interference from bristles more though, but do get it with pencils too. i think you use a bit less water with fans, not sure yet. also not sure if there's any superiority result wise, but fans sound like they rinse better :)
    only reason i use pencils is the brush i've bought is with them, gardiners sill, was going to buy the push fit fan jets as well but have heard they break, which is a shame, be good to be able to change between the 2 on the same brush

8. James

James Guru

I use fan jets but have turned into pencil jets for some reason :/ they aren't even blocked which is strange, I can't work it out. They are fitted in my Gardiner Lite Medium Dual Trim Brush, anyone got any suggestions on this?

But yeah, I would never go back to pencil jets, fan jets give a much wider area to cover and gives windows a much better rinse.

James.

9. chip

chip Guru

if the pressure is turned low, they will act as pencil jets, mine was often at a level were they acted like 2 small pencils from each jet, like a snakes tongue

10. James

James Guru

That's exactly correct, if I turn the pressure up they go back into fan jets. Tne thing is, I just don't want to run my pressure on around 30-35, I feel like I'm wasting the water. I run it on about 22.

James.

Advertisement