Pencil Or Fan Jets?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rcproperty, Jun 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

What do you guys use?
    I found that fan jets didnt do a good job for me, they only seem to be good for cleaning glass roofs.
    so i use 4 pencil jets on each brush.

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Same here pencil jets for me

3. simon

simon Guru

4 ??? did you fix that your self, i've never tried fans but in this weather when lots of windows are open i'd think they would be a bit of a problem with spray

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer 4 x 2.5mm jets, i make up all my own poles and brushes get a nice spread of water across the whole brush with out it coming out to fast, very fast at rinsing off!

5. chip

chip Guru

I think it's all much of a muchness, pencils are a bit easier to control, fans may use a tad less water, but I think fans sound good!
    The're both fine choices, whatever floats your boat

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer i thought fans would be great! but the water doesnt seem to come out that well for rinsing of windows, but work well on glass roofs!
    i cleaned 2 house with fan jets had to go back to one and it left some spotting! never had a problem with jets yet

7. simon

simon Guru

do you use any more water using 4 jets

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

no, i find i use the same if not less. coz the pressure is split between 4 instead of just 2, plus the pump has a controler on it so that also helps

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

used fan jet for about two years and find them great, i do have my pump on flat out so probably makes a diffences. great for first cleans as the water get spread across the glass easier and as for open windows should turn water off before lifting off glass, yes i even rinse on the glass

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

when i clean glass roofs, i use the fan jets on that and leave brush on glass, it sounds great! just like a presure washer!!
    how do you find that rising on the galss, i know a few do it, but im in 2 minds where to try it!

Advertisement