People cancelling Xmas week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by sambo, Dec 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sambo

sambo Member

Has anyone else had a number of people try to cancel cleans this week? I normally get around one a week text me back when I say I'm coming, I say 'No problem this time but I don't normally skip cleans blah blah..' and 9 times out of 10 they don't ask again and all is good.

This week I must have had 5 customers already, 2 of which said cancel for good - I can only assume they are skint pre Xmas and decided window cleaning is surplus to requirements - is this normal for other windys? I noticed it is only younger people or people who are less well off so I assume it is income based? I know its not because their windows are badly cleaned as I get a number of recommendations and positive comments so (I hope) it's not me...

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Are you texting them the night before and giving them the 'opportunity' to cancel? I just turn up and start cleaning.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv only had 1 do this recently . it REALLY got my goat . cos last clean she had asked can we do her facias and gutters so THIS time id allowed plenty of time to do it all -then we turn up and she wriggles out of it saying im not expected . my lads reckoned same time as cancelling she was flashing her eyelashes at me,was wearing only a towel too ,fancied me - but i tell you wot i looked at her deadpan ,my eyes didnt look at her bod - no appeal to me

4. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

No cancellations at all. I always text two days in advance......everyone knows the crack. Most people are pretty keen to get clean windows for christmas.

5. TolishAPurd

Yep no bother for me either. Most of my custies are of the older or milf variety though, so if anything they usually happy to get windows done in time for visitors.

6. shazzy692002

I actually had people asking to do a extra clean due to them being further from xmas.

7. Posh

Posh Hero

I was ok apart from 2. One admitted she was saving the pennies for Xmas which is fair enoug & one had relatives over. (She's foreign) I don't mind this. Means I can finish earlier

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

If it's younger people then I am not surprised
    The market to aim for is 50,s and above - mortgage paid off and planning retirement type

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do the same for most Neil but you know what some areas are like here i need to text for access or they're only getting the fronts done

Did you go get water today??
    He's shut now till the 4th
    Bit wrong i reckon as one of the guys who go's there is working tomorrow amd tuesday Wednesday next week and he's fooked now

10. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

That's why you def need your own water setup

Advertisement