Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Permiate Pumps

Marko067

I don't know if anyone else is using one but my local supplier (Water Fed Pole, Basildon) aquired a few permiate pumps (ERP 500) a couple of years back and I purchased one when I bought my last RO, a Filter plus 300.

They work to increase the output from the 100-300gpd type RO units by using the pressure from the waste coming out of the RO to pump the pure (permiate) away from the RO which helps draw the water through it thus increasing the efficiency of the RO

I found that the claims that were made about the increase to output volume were a bit wild, but it does work. Where it is particularly noticable is in the quality of the pure (permiate) output.

Mine goes into the RO at between 350-425 ppm and comes out between 4-5 ppm (without the permiate pump is was about 14). I do polish it off with resin but I have worked with it straight out of the RO on occasion. As a result my 10" DI vessel lasts 6 weeks between changes.

Back