Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C-THROUGH

I have been asked to clean a big house £35.00 but there is a big conservatory that stops me cleaning three windows!!!

I dont want to use wfp back pack if I can help it and my extended pole wont reach!!!!

Any ideas???

Hmm,

Either don't clean them and tell her why (cause you can't walk on it and you are trad window cleaner)

Or is it possible to clean the outside from the inside?

like Gmeister said, but if you do clean it from the inside make sure you strap your tools to your wrists just in case you drop them they dont fall and land on the con roof!

You have 4 options.

1. Clean it from the inside

2. Clean it with WFP

3. Walk on the roof

4. Dont clean it

I would get the WFP. You wont regret it! The darkside aint that bad lol

I know someones going to say different,

but if its flat and has wooden support under it, it should be fine to walk on,(if the owner says its ok and can hold weight) if it hasnt then its a no no.

Great advice and ideas from all ta!

How much for a conny ladder and are they any good?

Also I cant do outside from inside cos owner always out due to work etc...

Whats this walking on conny roof?

I didnt know that was possible!

Looks like back pack........... doesnt it!!

conny ladders are expensive from about 350 up ,could you reach the windows of a step ladder at the door of the conny using a unger pole and a zero degree squeege

personally i dont likethe idea of walking on one, one little slip and it could end up bad, like gm said if there is wood under it, how good is that wood? is it got any rottern bits to take weight? some con roofs can take weight upto 5 tonn on them, take the weight of snow for example,

its the slipping part thats the main risk.

the con roof ladders are good but again they only reach sofar and only on certain angles. they cost from about £400 plus from most places

conservatory_ladder_system.jpg

I had the same problem, b&q Harris painters pole 5meters £15 if you pull the handel off a hunger pole it fits on the end!!! Good luck GF

I know someones going to say different,

but if its flat and has wooden support under it, it should be fine to walk on,(if the owner says its ok and can hold weight) if it hasnt then its a no no.
I seen a guy for CR Smith crawl all over a glass conservatory roof. He told me he does this al the time when fitting them lol. You wouldnt catch me doing that

Back