Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lesson learnt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Had a quiet day today so am doing a bit of driving for a mate for cash

Did a few drops now broken down in a country lane waiting for a flatbed to come get me

Lesson is stick to the windows dave

Oh well look on the bright side you could not have picked a nicer day for it /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm jus having some lunch then of out to do a bit as it's nice and sunny here for a change

Know how you feel Davie boy my day is resigned to catching up on bookwork as my starter motor has decided only to start when it feels like it and not really any hills where I'm supposed to be working it helps having an apprentice son working in a garage though :)

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Nevermind mate, theres always tomorrow. I went out on the glass today as I want to get one more clean for my monthly round in before christmas so I'm pushing it hard at the moment. The weather was $h*t in the morning, but got a bit better in the afternoon.

Dumped my first customer today, feels so good.

Driving again tomorrow purely to help my mate out as todays stuff didn't get delivered

Then on the glass Saturday to catch up and calling it a day for the driving unless it's peeing down sometime and i want to earn extra dosh..then catch up on the windows when it's dry

Driving again tomorrow purely to help my mate out as todays stuff didn't get deliveredThen on the glass Saturday to catch up and calling it a day for the driving unless it's peeing down sometime and i want to earn extra dosh..then catch up on the windows when it's dry
Good time to be in a van mate, especially if its working, the weathers been **** recently.

hmmmm yep tolish...i nearly dumped one...nearly..but i far too nice....

she wanted me to trim her bush...:rolleyes:well okay trees but doesnt sound as good....so i couldnt be arsed last clean and said i will do it when the leaves have gone...so i took my petrol hedge trimmer and edging shears....but when the husband told me what he wanted doing....its a bow saw job.....and really nowhere to lean my ladders as the tree is in next doors garden so thats a use for my multi ladder...all of which i didnt have...

some women are a bit ....er....bossy...and she tried to have a go...but i just stood there took it like a man and said im a windowcleaner as my main job i dont carry every tool with me....you should have seen the face...i dont think her husband ever ever would dare to answer back..

anyway ...she didnt ask me inside to do the doors i usually have to do....she didnt open the velux i usually have to do...and i quietly knocked for my money but decided to do next doors and wait awhile...

and i dare not say anything about the female sex cause they lurk amongst us but...she answered the door as nice as pie...

and later i bumped into her again...nice as pie....

funny creatures.....except shazzy and beccy etc...of course.....:rolleyes:

i got the job off her ex husband....he was a lucky man...

You will see 1 0f the 600 vans they have at our depot boar

Different van every day

They just load whichever is spare first

Good to have an alternative job, when quiet or weather not good, i wouldnt mind doing a bit of delivery driving on rainy days. Done a bit of that years ago for home express, enjoyed it, was through an employment agency, rubbish pay tho. My toes used to feel like they curled up under my foot when walking after a days work, must have been all the driving,strange monkey foot thing:confused:.

My mate gives me 95 quid a day if i work

Not as much as on the glass but is like a bonus when raining as i always catch up anyway so extra monthly income

I used to work there so know the routes and can smash out 60-100 deliveries a day depending where

funny that daveyboy as that was always my other job....still fancy it ..../emoticons/biggrin.png

mind you 60 to a 100 a day....wow watch out for them cops....

You would not catch me running about like a loon in a van delivering stuff thats for sure as I drive so slow I would never earn any money:laugh: Anyhow I've done my 2 hour bit today so now is nap time.:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Just knocked out 78.deliveries and 5 collections and had time to drive 22 mile round trip to home for lunch

Getting too old for that lark though

Is good for emergency work though

That job would do my head in but like you say is a way of earning some extra cash if/when you need it.:thumbsup:

saw a 64 plate ocado today Dave . caning it in central colchester - could be another you once drove .

Oh I forgot to say morning /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anyhow I was fast asleep and the phone rang twice like someone was desperate to contact me. It turns out my wife had promised to look after the kids next door but she forgot and was late getting back home. WTF do I know about new born babies. :confused:

Thank god she came home about 10mins later to take over :laugh:

Probably

The new ones are shite though

No cruise control so foot on throttle all the way down a14 12 120

Bloody long drive

No but I had a nice warm feeling in the palm of my hand. Then the little chap started to cry as he messed himself as they do:D

Back