Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ni

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

Ok do in employed elsewhere ( Duno if that matters)

So I've registered and the stuff come through and I've activated my account.

So now how do I pay or check my NI class 2?

I take it I won't need to worry about tax till next year??

set i direct debit up online to pay Ni every month through HMRC or they will post you a quarterly bill and you can post a cheque or pay at the post office

I pay it by standing order, not sure what class I am though lol. How much you paying?
i pay same way - the minimum bout 13 quid a month.
you`ll be class 2 and pay class 4 on your earnings at 9% thats after the first 6000 ish if i remember right

I switched mine from standing order to a bill. You get around 60 days to pay the bill. I prefer it that way, as it would have been the only the business standing order i got.

Right I went on there and it said no payment due, so I Duno what to do now, it doesn't seem like its for NI, just for tax? I already pay ni in my full time job so will that just go up??

Right I went on there and it said no payment due, so I Duno what to do now, it doesn't seem like its for NI, just for tax? I already pay ni in my full time job so will that just go up??
When you fill in your self assessment it will ask for your other earnings (your other job), once this is filed they will post out what you need to pay and do.

It says my self assessment isn't due so won't let me fill it out, so confused as the letter then sent said I do need to fill one out lol

It says my self assessment isn't due so won't let me fill it out, so confused as the letter then sent said I do need to fill one out lol
Self assessment isn`t due or cant be filed until after the 4th of April, for the year previous.

So I won't need to do mine till April 2014?
No you will need to file your form for any work between April 12 and April 13 (only from the date when you informed them you started working for yourself or set up business.) By post before September 31st i think or online before 31 jan 2014.
Your tax for that year will then be due by 31st of Jan 2014.

I always do mine asap.

No you will need to file your form for any work between April 12 and April 13 (only from the date when you informed them you started working for yourself or set up business.) By post before September 31st i think or online before 31 jan 2014.
Your tax for that year will then be due by 31st of Jan 2014.

I always do mine asap.
You can also pay your tax by direct debit I do this so there isn`t a big bill in January.. I pay monthly and if they owe me I get it back if i owe them its not a large amount. easier than saving as savings can get dibbed into.

So I started 24.12.12 and the earliest I can submit is April 2013??
Yes they will expect to see a return for between Christmas 2012 and April 2013. When you fill in the form it will ask about other work you have done ie your full time job and earnings between april 12 and april 13 also, the two will be added together.
When you`ve done it once you`ll be ok, my head used to be up my **** too, but it gets easier.

Back