Phone Calls & Rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Sep 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I can tell when it's raining just by the amount of phone calls as I've had 3 enquires in the last 20 mins alone.

Dont you just love it when it starts to rain? :Image3:

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

No, I drove 7 miles to do a window clean only to be met with, 'can you come back tomorrow?'

I bit my lip....

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

oh dear :Image13: but sorry that did make me laugh Tuffers.

might be wise to phone first next time if you have to travel any distance like that :Image9:

4. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Ide just not bother going back ever again if customer said that to me, what the hell does it matter if its raining, just a big inconvenience if u ask me

5. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

Yep same here smurf, 4 gutter job calls today! Lovely! And I gotta admit I'd have rung the client in advance to. But I do it with every client the night before

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one...happy days :Image7:

I always give the customer a courtesy call before I leave home or when I'm finishing another job to let them know I'm on my way. Works well for me :Image9:

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

£20 half hour job though Andy. £20 = 150 miles worth of juice for me bike. The more £20's the more fun for me :)

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I weren't laughing, the air was blue in my van. Splash and dash for them tomorrow.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed...lets hope for your sake it doesn't start to rain whilst your on that job then. :Image16:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Quoted for a conservatory outside clean last night including clearing the conservatory gutters.

Gave the price of £75 for the roof & £25 for the sides less £5 discount.

Chap said thanks for coming out I will speak to my wife - well we all knows normally what that means.

Anyhow I thought I had blown it as you do but was not going to drop my price. This morning I received an email from the lady requesting the work to be booked in.

Motto of the story is having the bottle to stand your ground on price does pay of sometimes as I could have quite easily dropped it just to gain the work.

Advertisement