picking your brains!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by lt77, Feb 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. lt77

lt77 Guest

Hi all, i'm new on here & have been thinking about starting my own wfp business. The information on here has been very useful so far but i was wondering if you had any pearls of wisdom regarding getting started. Average start up costs, new vs used systems, pricing, that kind of thing. Any advice at all will be useful really!

Cheers

Lee

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Hi mate,

My advice would be to buy a window cleaning warehouse (WCW) backpack £150ish, a folding sack truck/trolley to wheel it about on £20, and a gardiners clx pole (a 22ft will reach most houses, but 27ft if you wanna do 3rd story stuff) £150ish.

As for pure water- are u in a hard or soft water area? If hard you'll need an RO system (I don't use one so I'm not much help on prices there), if in a soft water area, a DI filter with resin in it is all you'll need, about £120ish.

I think that's the easiest and cheapest way into WFP, rather than go all out & get a full van mounted system. You will build up your kit as you need it and as your business grows. But if you start with what I've mentioned, you'll always use the stuff anyway, so you cant go wrong!

Hope that helps.[hr]
    P.s there's a few posts about pricing if you look on the forum.

4. James

James Guru

Welcome to the Forums buddy.

James.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Lee -

Your in the right place for ideas & advice - there are some well seasoned wfp users here.

Looking forward to your posts

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi Lee welcome :)

7. laddergarder

Welcome to the forum buddy!

Advertisement