Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost a Custie to VISON!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So @Jonathan Sanderson are you sure the 3mm jets do fit in the original holes?

Also do you find the flow is 'more' with the 3mm jets on the same setting?

I was thinking of upgrading pump to one with a faster flow rate, but if the jets make a flow rate increase then I'll do that instead..?

Fed up of how long it takes to rinse at the mo even with pump on 80...

So @Jonathan Sanderson are you sure the 3mm jets do fit in the original holes?
Also do you find the flow is 'more' with the 3mm jets on the same setting?

I was thinking of upgrading pump to one with a faster flow rate, but if the jets make a flow rate increase then I'll do that instead..?

Fed up of how long it takes to rinse at the mo even with pump on 80...
@Jake

Massive difference mate, and yeah they just slot into the same hole in gardiners brushes. I think flow and amount of water used is similar. Mayb a tad more. It just puts the water down more efficiently.

The thing is...........

You need a good flow to rinse a window thoroughly and efficiently. To do this I was turning my flow controller up to 90 or full wack some days.

I then noticed I was giving myself issues on certain windows. Water splashing around like I was pressure washing and forcing water into areas I didn't want to go.

However with 3mill jets, even with the flow rate up high (I now use about 75ish) the water produces a nice arch when it comes out the jets, instead if blasting up wards on the glass.

It's one of the best things I've done I feel. Faster more thorough cleaning.

Ok same as mine, and your defo sure the 3mm jets increases flow?

Yes and no........

It gives more flow but less pressure. I think it does slightly increase the flow rate like for like. You will see what I mean when you try them. Really nice to work with.

THis is why I may look to buy a faster flow rated pump @Jonathan Sanderson ....

Because I want more ow for faster rinsing... Might try the flojet pump with 7lpm from pure freedom..

hi all..

was gonna start a thread last week about what's right and wrong with attracting new custys

I was proper peed off as every house I went to on my round had been posted a card undercutting my work by about half.

my £20 jobs this firm were offering to do for £11.

Most of my customers showed me, but said they were gonna stay with me as I've been there window cleaner for about 10 years and have built up a good rapport with them..

They had delivered their calling card to the whole area..

It just annoyed me as when I started out, I made a conscious decision, to buy rounds and advertise and build up by recommendations as I didn't want to tread on people's toes..

However, since reading this thread, have realised they probs havnt done anything wrong and it's a dog eat dog world in the business world and I need to calm down..

like some have said on here, anyone can clean windows but it's the person doing it that keeps the custys happy by sparing 10 mins for a chat over a cuppa that keeps you the business as opposed to a cheap deal that may not call again after a couple of visits..

sorry to hijack the 'vision' thread, but thought it was sort of relevant..

For the record, have never used vision, just keep tds to 000 and no complaints!!

hi all..was gonna start a thread last week about what's right and wrong with attracting new custys

I was proper peed off as every house I went to on my round had been posted a card undercutting my work by about half.

Most of my customers showed me, but said they were gonna stay with me as I've been there window cleaner for about 10 years and have built up a good rapport with them..

It just annoyed me as when I started out, I made a conscious decision, to buy rounds and advertise and build up by recommendations as I didn't want to tread on people's toes..

However, since reading this thread, have realised they probs havnt done anything wrong and it's a dog eat dog world in the business world and I need to calm down..

like some have said on here, anyone can clean windows but it's the person doing it that keeps the custys happy by sparing 10 mins for a chat over a cuppa that keeps you the business as opposed to a cheap deal that may not call again after a couple of visits..

For the record, have never used vision, just keep tds to 000 and no complaints!!

I agree, I was the same when i started out and still am, I very very rarley if ever undercut, no need there's loads of houses out there for us all, when I built my round from canvassing I always said 'no worries at all' if someone said they already had a windie..

You reap what you sow...

hi all..was gonna start a thread last week about what's right and wrong with attracting new custys

Its just business, the custie i lost i didnt like anyway always insisted i collected cash, rich people couldnt be arsed paying online.

Im more than happy to tread on toes now, not in the slightest bothered about taking others work, its dog eat dog as you say and you soon learn you have got to get out there and get yours. I was cleaning a house only last week when a windy popped up next door saying i do most of the houses round here, i said thats great i only do this one but im hoping to get plenty more see ya later pal.

Latest Posts

Back