Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost a Custie to VISON!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This video I did is set to private aswell. So only you guys and whoever had the link can see it.

I think if a lot of people realised how fast and efficient you can be with WFP there would be more cleaners out there.

as has been said though, I might be making nearly £1 per minute on this property, but never in my years of doing this have I earned that over the full day. I wish I came even close, lol.

You've got to factor in all your costs and traveling between jobs, dealing with customers, prepping your van etc.

I do love my job though, and I think it's this fact that makes me constantly think of ways I can make my working day as smooth and efficient as possible.

A few have poked fun of me in buying an gardiner extreme 18 foot pole, but It's made a massive difference to my working day. Little things really add up. A minute here and a minute there can mean an extra house done every day. Even if that was just £7, times that by every working day of the year. It's massive.

Next on my list is to make my van set up more efficient with underfloor rollers and remote control power up reel from waterworks. This should mean I real out my hose to the furthest point, then as I work back I can remotely reel the hose in.

I know I'm sad.....Saturday night and I'm thinking about my WFP setup. Hsha.

nce tecneek jonny thatshow i clean and similer speed one thing i would have done different is ide clean the top rite then the top left then the middle then the conny then the windows below the top rite an left due the the water driping down ect . the thing is every type of glass is different some take longer some r faster to clean its all about the rubbers that hold the glass in my windows r a pain an need to b done with extreme care to get no runs but the new glass with a tiny rubber if u no wat i mean can b bashed out twice as fast
Yeah definitely know what you mean mate. I normally do to, but these windows have really deep ledges so after 10 seconds or so there's no drips. Your right what you say though.

Hey Jonathan - impressed by the vid :thumbsup: Just wondering how high you have the flow rate on for maintence cleans.....roughly? Cheers fella.

I have my flow control set to 085 mate. And I use wider pencil jets (3 mill) so I get more flow rather than pressure.

About 2.5-3 litres per minute at the brush head.

Yeah definitely know what you mean mate. I normally do to, but these windows have really deep ledges so after 10 seconds or so there's no drips. Your right what you say though.
ah i c thats the thing every house is different no to r the same nce vid m8 :cool::thumbsup:

WOW ID BE FAST AND MINE IS AT AROUND 65

wats underfloor rollers @Jonathan Sanderson

and the power up reel id hold off on as i know a guy who has one made nd getting them made baulk are u n fb ??? if so il ad u and get u to see the reel hes building also do u have pics of ur van set up

and not sad at all i think about work flat out i didnt think about poles like that and u really do think the extreme saves time etc ? to me a pole is a pole i recently made a 5ft pole its handy diy job

I have my flow control set to 085 mate. And I use wider pencil jets (3 mill) so I get more flow rather than pressure.
About 2.5-3 litres per minute at the brush head.
That's higher than I was expecting (was thinking about 060 from the vid).......but I am going to give it a go so will crank it up a bit more! Cheers /emoticons/smile.png)

How much water are you getting through per day Jonathan? It's been an odd week for me as I've come close to running out of water 3 times. I carry 500L and have my flow set at 50.

How much water are you getting through per day Jonathan? It's been an odd week for me as I've come close to running out of water 3 times. I carry 500L and have my flow set at 50.
same ear mine is set at 50 perfect flow i think to mch can cause problims from my experence

WOW ID BE FAST AND MINE IS AT AROUND 65
wats underfloor rollers @Jonathan Sanderson

and the power up reel id hold off on as i know a guy who has one made nd getting them made baulk are u n fb ??? if so il ad u and get u to see the reel hes building also do u have pics of ur van set up

and not sad at all i think about work flat out i didnt think about poles like that and u really do think the extreme saves time etc ? to me a pole is a pole i recently made a 5ft pole its handy diy job

The rollers go under the van and let you have all the doors shut and you can still reel the hose out, and the remote control reel would reel it back in as I walked back etc.

There's a few vans I've seen with it and looks awesome.

I am on Facebook mate, that sounds interesting about the reels.

I have a 650 tank in my van and never run out. Usually about 550 litres a day I reckon.

Just tried doing my house like the video, did it (3 bed semi) in 10 mins. However most of the windows have small spotting in the top couple of inch of the window and one or two have a run further down.

Im not convinced the top frames have enough time to stop dripping, it seems way too fast. However there not that bad at all to say it was in essence a slap dash but noticeable if you are looking, maybe when i get much more customers i can increase speed and not worry about the odd drip but for now i need to do a good job so im going to have to be a bit more thorough.

One day i will slap dash em when ive work coming out of my ears.

One thing i will do though is frosted like the video, you cant see any runs on these and i literally took 20 seconds on each one.

Just tried doing my house like the video, did it (3 bed semi) in 10 mins. However most of the windows have small spotting in the top couple of inch of the window and one or two have a run further down.
Im not convinced the top frames have enough time to stop dripping, it seems way too fast. However there not that bad at all to say it was in essence a slap dash but noticeable if you are looking, maybe when i get much more customers i can increase speed and not worry about the odd drip but for now i need to do a good job so im going to have to be a bit more thorough.

One day i will slap dash em when ive work coming out of my ears.

One thing i will do though is frosted like the video, you cant see any runs on these and i literally took 20 seconds on each one.
Did you also increase your flow rate? Honestly my work is spotless. There is hardly any dirt on them to start with, so all the top frames need is a quick wipe over with good flow.

Back